Baby Fever (Rikey)

Start from the beginning

"What are we going to do?" Cherry asked when Gerard and Frank exited the house. Lily ran off to put away their picture book. 

Ray hummed while thinking of an idea. "We can watch a movie," he suggested. 

"That sounds...fun." Mikey mumbled while he held Bandit close. He hoped she didn't cry, he didn't want to see her sad. Lily came running back down and into the living room. 

Cherry went to go stand next to her twin. "We're gonna watch a movie, Lily." Lily smiled brightly. 

"I'll get the popcorn." Ray gave the twins a thumbs up before walking away. He noticed Mikey was still holding Bandit. "Babe?"

Mikey glanced up. "Hmm?" 

"Is she falling asleep?" Ray would hope so. He would hate to disturb baby Bandit while they watched a movie. "Do you want me to hold her?"

Mikey shook his head. "N-no. I'll take her to her crib." He smiled when Ray pecked his cheek and headed to the kitchen. Confused as to why he was acting differently, he headed to Bandit's nursery. 

~~~

"This is one of the best movies in the world." Ray promised while he headed towards the Star Wars section on Disney+. Obviously they couldn't play their favorite horror movies, so Star Wars was the second best choice. 

Cherry and Lily were sitting in the middle of the couch while their uncles were sitting at the ends. The twins looked up at Ray. 

"Is this the movie with the little teddy bears, Uncle Ray?" Cherry asked with her own stuffed bear clutched in her hands. 

Ray chuckled. "That's the sixth episode. We're watching A New Hope." 

Lily asked while holding the bowl of popcorn. "Which episode is that one?" 

"The fourth." Mikey answered. The twins looked puzzled by that response. 

"Why don't we watch the first one?" Ray opened to answer Lily when a wail was heard from upstairs. 

Cherry placed her hands on her ears. "Why does Bands cry a lot?" 

Ray paused the movie. Luckily they hadn't gotten to the opening credits yet. "Babies cry when they need something." He was about to get up from the couch when he saw Mikey was already off the couch. "I can take care of her, Mikey if you want."

Mikey shook his head. "I got it." He sent Ray an assuring smile. "Go ahead and continue the movie. I might...stay up here and just comfort Bands for a while."

"Okay." Ray responded. He turned around and pressed play. The twins snuggled closer to their uncle. 

~~~

"You're okay, Bands, you're okay." Mikey whispered in a soothing tone while he held Bandit in his arms. He had changed her, but she was still crying a bit. It was so weird how he responded when his youngest niece began crying. 

He didn't know why he was being like this, but suddenly he just wanted to be around Bandit. He believed it all began right after Gerard placed her in his arms. He wasn't going to kidnap his niece or anything, he just wanted to be around the baby. 

Mikey placed a kiss on her forehead. "You're okay, Bandit. I got you, I got you." He smiled when her cries turned to tiny whimpers. She was calming down. "There you go." In seconds, her eyelids closed and she was falling asleep. 

The rocking chair in Bandit's room was right near her crib. He heard Gerard or Frank would stay up sitting there watching her sleep after they had to calm her down. He gently placed her in her crib and brought the rocking chair a little bit closer. Like his brother and Frank, he watched Bandit sleep.