For Him...?? (Chapter - 17)

ابدأ من البداية

I messaged Vihaan that I informed Rishi, and he replied with an 'okay'..... Thank god, he is still online as I don't want to call him to inform him after our previous conversation, honestly, I am taken aback by his reply...... I don't want to talk to him right now....... I reached my office and started working silently hoping everything goes fine.....

Vihaan's POV

I reached the hospital and started walking towards my cabin where I saw Rishi who in return gave a smile and I smiled back acknowledging him..... Seeing his smile, I understood Saanvi hasn't called him yet...... I hope Rishi understands..... I don't want any problems between us because of this...... I sat in my chair locking my cabin and called Saanvi...... The line is busy..... I guess she is talking to Rishi..... I tried after a couple of minutes, again it came busy..... I continued trying her and it continued busy..... Suddenly there is this strange fear that occupied my mind..... Why is she talking to Rishi for so long ?? Is he trying to convince her that he is better than me ?? Above all that, he loves her whereas I ?? I never tried to make her feel special at least, not for once told her that now she is an important part of my life, then why will she choose me over him ?? Relax Vihaan, Saanvika is not like that, she is your fiance...... You should trust her...... Ah... finally she accepted my call..... uff..... thank god..... She is about to say something but I cut her off, though my voice is calm, I am anything but calm...... 

"Saanvi...... I'm trying you for the past 10 min, who are you talking with..... Is that Rishi, but why are you taking so long ??" I asked her..... I sounded so jealous like a typical teenager.... I was never like this...... Get a hold of your emotions Dr. Vihaan Saxena...... Oh god.... what would she be thinking of me......  She chuckled at my outburst, great I made a fool out of myself in front of my wife-to-be..... wife ?? It sounds so good, she told me it was her mother and she was scolding her for something she would be telling me tonight, I reminded her about Rishi, and she told me she will call him now..... I was about to hang up but she asked me out of the blue if I was jealous, I am calm for a second thinking about what to answer...... Vihaan this is your chance..... Admit to her....... She is about to divert the topic but I cut her off saying

"Yes I'm....." I waited for a second to see if she says something but when she didn't, I know she is shocked and might be blushing...... I smiled to myself and quickly added "bye" before hanging up......

I sat for a while to compose myself before moving to Rishi's cabin....... He is surprised to see me there as usually, I don't visit his cabin and definitely not during work hours..... God, please see to it everything goes fine..... I don't want my best friend hurt......

"I need to talk to you Rishi" I told him without any emotion, he got serious seeing my expressionless face but soon a smile made its way when his phone buzzed..... He excused himself and took the call, I don't have to see the caller id to know who is it..... I fisted my palm to control my emotions...... I let Saanvika disclose the matter and as expected, the color drained from his face hearing her....... He gave her an excuse for work and hung up, his reaction was a little obvious but hope Saanvika doesn't doubt his existing feelings....... 

"She is getting married", He whispered...... he looked so broken...... God..... I don't know his feelings were this deep for her...

"I know," I told him trying my best to keep my look soft...... without showing any sense of belonging as right now I need to be a good friend, not a jealous fiance......

"You know ?? Wait..... your fiance is a CA too...... Are you marrying Saanvika Niranjan", He asks joining dots...... I just nodded my head unable to frame the right set of words...

"No..... No No..... God.... What have you done" He muttered raking his hair and looking at the small Ganesha idol on his table...

"Rishi...... I know it's not the right time to say these things but I need to clarify" I started and he looked at me with his red eyes...... Is he angry ?? Or was that pain ?? Whatever it is I need to clarify some things...

"I don't know it's the same girl you had fe..feelings for...... you never mentioned her name...... Till I got to know, we were already engaged", I cleared not wanting to be misunderstood by my best friend...... He calmed himself taking deep breaths before asking me further questions......

"When did you get to know ??" He asked..... 

"Yesterday, She came to meet me as my new CA, she doesn't want to take up the new client as you referred it. She didn't know whether you referred their firm genuinely liking her work or because of your feelings for her, so she refused to accept the offer and it was offered to her colleague..... But he had to visit his hometown for a family emergency and she had to step in to cover for him......", I explained the whole issue to Rishi, I don't want him to think low of Saanvi...... 

"You don't have to explain to me about her Vihaan, I know her for more than 3 years, I know what she is.......", He said with a sense of pride that he knows her more than me...... A tinge of anger occupied my mind but I controlled it as I do always...... He is in pain and I need to handle the issue with care......