Chapter Nineteen

The wedding of Deniz and Asli, had been the turning point for many things in their family. The couple was building their home and their life the way they wanted. Can and Sanem watched them as their house was put together and the beginning of what they planned for the rest of their lives. Ates had agreed to talk to Bedir, with much urging from her mother. " Ates, just talk to him, then you can decide if he will be right for you. It's almost like a marriage when you are looking for someone to publish your first book." She told her. "Bedir isn't the type of person to take on someone just for a favor." She offered to accompany her to his office in Milano for her first meeting but Ates declined the offer, as Sanem knew she would. So within a couple of weeks Deniz had started the best part of his life, Ates was well on her way to becoming a famous writer, Yilly had introduced them to a man, much to their surprise, that seemed to be the perfect match for their head strong daughter. Duman was on a path to greatness, in his own quiet secluded way, no longer living in the shadow of his larger than life siblings. Can and Sanem had accomplished the miracle of raising four beautiful and exceptionally talented children.

Along with all this happiness for the Divit family came a tragedy that would rock their very existence. Cans father, Aziz, could no longer battle his ongoing and growing health problems. So 6 months after struggling to attend his first grandsons wedding, the elder Divit took his last breath. The devastation of it all proved to test Cans strength, leaving him to battle with the loss of his biggest supporter. Of course with his mother, Huma, completely absorbed in her own life, she could do nothing more than send a brief message of condolences to him and Emre. Which hurt more than not receiving anything. The two brothers leaned on each other, echoing the words their father had said to them many times before, " You are my lions, there's nothing you can't handle if you stick together." The loss of the one person that had always been there for them, brought them closer together than ever. Yilly had taken his death extremely hard, he was her mentor and confidante since she was old enough to talk. But he had left her a much bigger gift, the gift of his knowledge and drive, she would indeed head the company one day that he had founded so many years ago. Sanem nursed her husband through the loss of his father with more than love, but also with an undying devotion to her Albatross. 

It was months before Can could fully except what had happened, and return as the head of the agency. And return he did, but the demand of this role had lost it luster. The agency had continued to flourish, under the eye of Yildiz and Emre, with the signing of another huge account, the agency was indeed on top. Sanem knew he was going through the motions of everyday life, but the fire had gone out for him and to run the company. Yilly and Ozan were becoming closer, and Sanem couldn't help but like this man. He kept Yilly in check better than anyone else. Can had come to depend on him to help Yilly, the couple had proven to be that power couple when it came to creativity. After a meeting with a possible new client one afternoon, not long after Can had returned to the agency, Can asked Ozan to come to his office.  " Ozan, sit down and let's talk." He motioning to the sofa. Ozan was hesitant, but did as he said. " That was a very good presentation you just gave, I just wanted you to know that." Can paused, looking down at the floor. " I won't lie to you, I was against your relationship with my daughter from the very beginning, but I also know how stubborn and head strong my daughter is. And you seem to handle her very well." So with that being said, I am prepared to give you a promotion to Assistant Creative Director." Ozan was shocked, " Thank you Mr. Divit, I'm shocked, but I except with much happiness." He cleared his throat, " Mr. Divit, I know there is an age difference, but I don't see Yilly as a 25 year old, she is much more mature than most people I have met." She is very special to me, and I think she feels the same way about me." Can smiled,   " Yes she has always been that way, but the fact is she is still just 25, but she is a woman of her own, she knows what her heart wants, so what ever you feel for each other, just know you have our blessing." 

Ates's meeting with Bedir had been a turning point in her life. He immediately took her under his wing, " Ates, don't let anyone tell you that you don't have talent, because you do." I see you as one of the most free spirited writers I  have ever seen. This will be the book of the year I predict, and you will be the most sought after writer of the decade." She smiled, " My mother told me you wouldn't do anything just for a favor, are you sure you're not saying just what I want to hear." Bedir stood, " Well your mother was right, I can't base a book on a favor, I have a reputation to uphold, so whatever I put out from this publishing house needs to be top notch writing. If I didn't believe in you, this would have been a quick coffee and visit session and you would have been on your way. So it's up to  you, if you want to trust me and your talent." She knew she had found the right person. " Ok,....that sounded just like my Dad talking, so I guess we have a deal." Thank you for being so honest with me. She called her mother with the news, " Mom, I just love him, he reminds me of Dad." Thank you for making me listen to you. I'll let you know the release date of the book." She told her, Sanem feeling the same excitement she had experienced all those years ago. 

Duman had caught the eye of one the largest Law firms in Istanbul, and they had offered him a job as a trainee to one of their top lawyers. This would provide him with much more experience than any classroom. After much discussion with Can and Sanem, he cut back his university classes to a minimum and took the position. He was one step closer to his dream, being just as successful as his siblings. His ambition was a close resemblance to his oldest sisters, and had left him little time for a personal life, but the beautiful blonde girl, Yasmin, that was once their neighbor had never strayed to far from his mind. Maybe he would look her up one day, of course when he had made a name for himself...

These children had given Can and Sanem almost everything they had ever wanted..

To see them so happy and successful was always their first priority. 

Now, it seemed, was the time for them to be as they once were....to live for each other again.....