Chapter Nine

Can was not so excited about returning to work, but Sanem was ready to come back to the agency on a part time bases which made him happy. He always worked  better when she was there. While they were gone, one of their old customers had contacted them and wanted a meeting. Everyone in the office was thrilled, everyone but Can. Over the years, there had been a lot of changes for the agency, and they lost some of their top companies, some due to the accident and Can losing his memory. Some due to the relationship of Can and Sanem. Red Mode Cosmetics was one of those companies. The association with Enzo Fabri had cost them the largest account that the agency had ever acquired. It seemed like a hundred years ago to Can, but in reality it had just been 23 years, and a lot of changes had come about in the cosmetic company.  Mr McKenna had stepped down as CEO of the company due to health problems and his association with Ceyda and Compass Sports were a thing of the past. 

When Emre called the meeting that first morning after Can and Samen had returned from their trip, Can had no idea what was about to happen. " Ok everyone let's welcome back my Abi and Sanem from their trip." Emre said loudly, with everyone clapping. Can and Sanem smiled, "Thanks everyone, but I can't say that I'm thrilled to be back. We have just experienced the most rewarding time in our lives, and the best vacation ever. The only thing that has made my return to work bearable is that Sanem has decided to return to work with me." Can announced, with a huge smile. Everyone erupted in applause again. The agency was again back in full force, the team was reassembled and eager to take the agency to the top level. Then Deren made the announcement, " We just received word that RedMode Cosmetics has requested a meeting with us, they would like for us to develope a top notch campaign for their upcoming fall line." She raised her hand immediately, " Yes I know what happened in the past, and many of you here remember it as well." But this a company under new management and leadership, so we have a chance to revive what we had with them years ago." Can was in shock, just the mention of RedMode Cosmetics had a wave of panic through his body. Sanem quickly looked at him and could see the effect it had on him. That was one of the worst times in their relationship, the time that he had so wanted to forget. Yet there is was, again, staring him in the face. All the thoughts of Fabri, the perfume, the downfall of Aylin, all of those things were running rampant through his mind.

As they left the meeting room, Sanem reached out for Can's arm, " Can wait, are you ok? Her words seeming meaningless as Can turned to look at her, " No, are you ok? Do we want to live with this again, the whole campaign, the memories of that time when we lost each other." He spewed, his eyes filled with hurt. She knew the hurt all to well, that had been one of the hardest time in her life. It had been the cause of her leaving the agency, and Can turning his back on her. "But it's not the same, we're not the same," She told him, turning him to face her. " It's just business, it's not Fabri, there's nothing he can do to us."  She smiled, giving him a kiss on the cheek. Emre had no idea it would affect his brother the way it did, " Abi, we can pass on the offer,  if it's going to cause a problem for you and Sanem." He said, seeing how visibly upset he was. Can shook his head, " No Emre, Sanem is right, it's not the same, so let's work up the best campaign we can, and blow them out of the water." He said, patting Emre on the back. 

The past was hard for him to forget, actually it was Fabri that was hard for him to forget. All the things that he had done to Sanem, all the manipulation the threats. But what hurt the most was the fact he had not trusted Sanem or chose to listen to her, which ended in them both losing themselves. If he could go back in time and relive it, he would have done everything different, then they wouldn't have lost all that time together. Maybe this was for the best, it may help him with some closure, and keep him from ever making that mistake again. He watched his beautiful wife navigate around the office, like she had never been away, and the thoughts of holding her close to him made his temperature rise. This was a woman that could make him speechless at a glance, and she had held his heart in her hands for all these years, he wasn't about to let a campaign come between them.

They dug out all the old files they could find on Red Mode Cosmetics and started to work, even though his heart wasn't in it, he knew his mind needed to be. Yilly came to the agency everyday after class, pitching in to help anywhere she could. When she arrived shortly after lunch, everyone was already deeply involved in the new presentation. " Hey Dad, what's going on, anything I can do to help." She asked, pulling a chair around to sees what he was doing on the computer. Can turned the laptop for her to see, " Well, a new cosmetic company has ask us for a presentation, so we are working on this." She took the computer and started to study the layouts and the designs, " Dad did you do this, or did Mom, because these really have a woman's touch to them." She smiled, looking across the room at her mother. Can leaned back, " You know this stuff pretty good, don't you." It was you mother, of course, she had just handed it to me to review." So what do you think." He asked. " Well, I think you probably couldn't get a more attractive format, the colors are great, and the slogan is very good." Mom, you haven't lost your touch." Samen nodded, " Well thank you my dear, I guess I should be flattered with such a compliment coming from the very talented Yildiz Divit." She smiled and bowed. Yilly laughed,      " Yes, just wait, those words will be true one day, maybe sooner than what you think."  Can shook his head, " Of that I have no doubt my dear, you already have some believers around here." He replied. 

With the meeting scheduled for the end of the week, they had little time to waste. So they took their work home with them, accepting all the help they could from their daughter.  It seemed the three were bound to create a masterpiece. Can knew his daughter had a talent for advertising, but this project had brought out a whole different side of her, one that neither of her parents had ever seen before. Duman sat quietly in the room, observing, listening as he always did. He may not have the best relationship with sister, but he could tell she was good at what she was doing, making him feel even more out of touch with this family. They all seemed to have such talent, where was his, why did it seem like it had all passed him by. That feeling of being inadequate wasn't something he liked, but being the youngest of the Divit clan, was anyone even interested in what he could do.

If there was one thing he knew.....

Being a quitter wasn't something that was tolerated........Not if you were a Divit..