Chapter Twelve

The presentation to the cosmetic company had been a success. The Head of Advertising. Ilker Sahin, was the first one to praise Yilly for the slogan and he told Can he had never seen such talent in a person so young. The compliments kept coming from the group that come to represent RedMode, Sales Director Tubba Guler, insisted Yilly be the one to work on the campaign, just to make sure they got the full effect of the slogan. Yilly was on cloud  nine, and Sanem could not have been happier. When did a twenty years old ever get an opportunity like this,....when you are part of one of the most successful and talented families in Istanbul, that's when. After the meeting that lasted much longer than expected, Can took Yilly to his office, "Shut the door my dear and have a seat, we need to have a serious conversation." Her father motioned at the chair across the table from him. Her heart skipped a beat, her mind thinking he wasn't going to let her work on this campaign. Can stared at his daughter with a look of concern, " I know you think this is a wonderful turn of events, and you received a lot of praise in there, but....the demand on you to deliver a spectacular campaign for this company is a lot higher than just coming up with a catchy slogan. He saw his daughters face turn cold...and fill with determination. She had every intention of fulfilling that demand.

ONE YEAR LATER......

" Deniz, if you go into the Cooplearning sector, what will happen with your basketball commitments." Can asked him, as they sat at his desk. Deniz had called his Dad that day right after lunch, " Hey Dad, if your not to busy, I really need to go over something with you." Can I stop by in about an hour." Can knew it must be important for him to come to the agency, and not wait until he got home, " Sure son, I'm never to busy to see you." He replied. He never expected what he heard. His son had been selected to enter the Cooplearning, meaning he had some of the top grades in his class and the number one Engineering firm in Istanbul was interested in taking him under their wings. " You have a basketball scholarship, are they willing to release you from that." Can asked, a bit confused at what his son was suggesting. " Yes, they weren't to happy about it, but with my grades being at the top of the class, a working internship is the best possibly for me." And they are in the business of producing a career for us, not a sport." He spouted with a bit of sarcasm, but regretted the remark as soon as it came out of his mouth. Can shot him a look, " I'm fully aware of the purpose of schooling, and I don't need you to inform me of its importance." I'm merely concerned about you fulfilling your intentions for the school." Deniz lowered his head, " Sorry Dad, that was rude and uncalled for." After a long discussion, Can told him they would talk it over with his mother that evening at home. He wanted to think about it alone for a while. His children had all taken on such huge opportunities, Yilly had almost taken over the creative department of the agency, with the huge success of the cosmetic account, and Ates was at the top of her class, well on her way to publishing her first book, and now this. 

After Deniz left, he called for Sanem to come to his office. " Can what's wrong." She sat down on his desk front of him, " Did you get bad news" she asked, stroking his face with her hand. He sighed, " What happened Sanem, how did all of our children become so talented and in demand." He laid his head in her lap, and she ran her fingers through his hair. " Well, I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I think our kids are brilliant, so why wouldn't they be in high demand." She replied back to him in a joking way. The look from her husband told her he wasn't in a joking mood. " Can, what is it. Did Deniz do something wrong." She asked. He shook his head, " No, he's just doing everything right." It seems like he is skipping the most important things in life. It seems the top engineering firm, WGI Engineering, wants him for their Cooplearning segment of the company." Sanem clapped her hands together, " Wow, that's great, and why are you upset about it." She asked, raising his face to look into his eyes.. " Sanem do you realize if he is noticed by a firm such as WGI now, he will be able to work anywhere in the world within  5 years. I'm not sure if I'm ready for all of this." She saw the tears form in his eyes. " We need to discuss it with him tonight,...I know it's the best thing for him, but where did the time go, what happened to those little kids that where always arguing. Being a parent is getting harder and harder." He replied, kissing her hand, and looking into her eyes. He saw the look of love, that look he longed for.

He needed her, to feel her, she was all that made him feel like he could handle this life of being a father. She knew that look in his eyes, it told her that no matter what he needed to satisfy his desire for her. He always stirred her feelings with just a glance, a look, a touch, that was all she needed. He closed the door to his office and turned the lock. That was the clue for everyone to stay away, not to bother him if the door was closed. This was their time, their time to connect, for her to make her husband forget about their children. This physical desire for each other was as much apart of their life as the love that filled his heart. She reached for him, feeling the goosebumps rise on her skin, she wanted him as much as he wanted her, no matter where they were..

With Yilly in charge of the cosmetic account, the next faze of the campaign was being developed, and she was just as demanding and particular as Deren. It had been a challenge for Deren to move over and let this young woman have some control, but the customer was the one that insisted on the young woman to head their campaign. She took this responsibility very serious, scaling back her classes at the university to mostly online classes, so she could spend most of the day at the agency. Her talent was not to be overlooked, as the RedMode campaign was being recognized as a major advertising accomplishment. It was bringing more and more recognition to the agency, as two more top company's in Istanbul asked for a fresh new look for their company's. Things were definitely looking up for the agency.

Ates was starting her second year in Naples, and had conformed her life around her writing. The school had been nothing more than a stepping stone in her career. She had presented her own notebooks, that told the story of the life of the Divit triplets, to a publishing house on London. She was waiting impatiently for word from them, "Mom, it's been a month since I sent the transcript to them, how long does it take." She asked her mother. Ates had been home for a week, taking advantage of the spring break. But the thoughts of her book was all that consumed her. Sanem knew the feeling well, rethinking the time in her life that had been dependent on her writing. The time that Can was gone from her life and  she was trying to survive from a broken heart, and her book was all that kept her alive. The memory of him and what they had together, had been left in the hands of Yigit. She regretted that, for no other reason than the loss of trust that crept between them, sending Can away from her and a their love.

Ates was much more of a writer than herself, she wrote from her heart, searching for all the answers.

Sanem had always written from her soul, already knowing all the answers........

Her babies,...those Divit triplets, as they had always been known, were well on the way of making a name for themselves........