F I F T Y - N I N E

Start from the beginning

"Grayson, this is ridiculous," I say, once again trying to get it through his thick skull that four hotel rooms is way too much and completely unnecessary.

"I want everyone to be comfortable, baby," he repeats, handing over his ID to the man at the front desk who is preparing to hand us our room keys and direct us to our rooms which are all on the same floor.

I groan as I play with the handle of my oversized suitcase. I made sure to pack extra clothes as well as a few books for before bed. It was a little on the heavy side, but that's why I have a werewolf mate who can lug it around for me.

Once the employee confirms that Grayson made the reservation, he tells us to leave our luggage where it is and it will be brought up to our respective rooms in a short while.

This place is fancy.

The employee then goes over the amenities offered in the hotel and I just stand there frozen in shock. We can get massages here?

I want one.

This place is fancy.

The more the man explains about the hotel, the more excited I get. I'm still mad that Grayson is spending so much money, but it's already spent and I really just want to enjoy this trip. I can't wait to order room service and drink some fancy champagne while enjoying a beautiful view of Venice- after actually exploring Venice, naturally.

This is one of the places on my bucket list, and as promised Grayson is making my dreams come true- in more ways than one.

We are directed to the elevators which take us up to the top floor of the bougie hotel. All four of the rooms are next to each other, but the room Grayson and I have is a little further away and at the very end of the hallway.

I send a curious glance his way, and he only grins in response. 

My mom holds my sleepy sister in her arms as she tells us that she's going to take a nap with Evie and then they'll join us in a few hours. We had an early morning flight and now that it's around four in the afternoon, we're all tired and want to rest.

We decide to eat at the restaurant attached to the hotel tonight and then we'll explore Venice for the rest of the week. I hug my mom, Cooper and Cass goodbye. I'm just really excited to be here!

"I may be downstairs when it's time to eat so just text me," Cass says.

"Why are you going downstairs? Do you not want to be alone? I'm sure you could hang with us-"

"Relax, girl," Cass laughs. "I want to go down to the bar and find a hot Italian mafia man or something. Trust me, I'm definitely happy not to share a room with anyone."

"Oh my," I say, my eyes widening unnaturally at Cass' words. "Just- be safe, okay?" I tell her. We're in a foreign country so I want her to be careful.

"I'll hang with her for a little while," Cooper reassures me.

"I'm fully capable of looking out for myself, bitch," Cass complains, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

I try really hard not to show a reaction, but it's nearly impossible. Cass still has no idea that Cooper and Grayson are werewolves, and unfortunately, she never can. My mom and Evie shouldn't even know, but since they're family of the Luna, the council made an exception. 

Apparently, I'll have to visit said council and meet with the werewolf representative. I think they just want to reassure that I'm an honest and true Luna and won't reveal that the supernatural exists- hence the reason that Cass can't know.

I was nervous about this encounter, but Grayson assured me that it was just a formality and he'll be by my side the entire time. 

"Well I'm still coming, bitch," Cooper sasses back.