Paroxysm -Chapter 12

Start from the beginning

"Let me clean up. You made the food, it's only fair for me to clean it up."

"Nah, it's fine. I think you should go back to sleep. You seem pretty tired."

"Nonsense." He took the dishes from his hand and started washing them. As he did so, I started putting away the rest of the stuff.

"Leave it there. I'll get it after this."

George ignored him and continued putting things away.

"Stubborn little-"

"You better watch your next words."

"You better watch your next move." Dream washed his hands off and dried them. George hesitated, but put away the syrup, eyeing Dream the whole time.

"That's it." Dream picked him up by the waist and held him high in the air, walking to the bedroom. He laid George on the bed, and started tickling him. George burst out in laughter.

"D-Dream! S-stop!" Dream only giggled at him.

"This is payback for being stubborn!"

George squirmed under him, but Dream wouldn't release him. After a fit of laughter, Dream quit. George hurt from laughing too much and from being tickled. Dream flopped on the bed, right next to him. He sighed happily, turning his head and staring at George. George returned the gaze.

"Have you learned your lesson now?" Dream said in a predatorily way.

"Hmm, nah."

Dream got up and leaned over George. "What did you say?" He said in a low voice.

A shiver went up George's spine. "I mean, y-yes."

"That's what I thought." Dream flopped back down, grinning. They stayed like that for a while, until Dream got up. "I'm gonna finish cleaning up. You should try go back to sleep. It's like, almost 7."

George rolled his eyes. "I can't sleep."

"Try."

"Ughh I can't-" The door shut, leaving George alone.

Prick

George pulled the covers over him, already knowing he wouldn't be able to fall asleep. He sat there for a few minutes staring at the ceiling when he heard the door click open. Dream came back in.

"George?" He said in a whisper.

George hummed in response.

"Oh, you're awake." He walked over to the side of the bed. "Can I uhm- sleep here? I won't bother you I pro-"

"Sure." George smiled softly. Dream shyly got under the covers.

"Thanks. The couch isn't the best place to sleep on." He chuckled.

"I bet." George closed his eyes, this time actually trying to fall asleep. His heart pounded from the fact Dream would be sleeping right next to him.

————

George woke up feeling something on his back. He leaned his hand backward, feeling a body-like figure.