Ron looked at me and frowned. I bit my lip and ran a hand through my hair.

"Dirt and rust are nothing to it but say... a curse... it'll take it and use it to make itself stronger." I explained.

Ron nodded and Harry was silent.

"You already destroyed one Horcrux right? Tom Riddle's diary in the Chamber of Secrets." Hermione explained, moving around the table.

"With a Basilisk fang." Harry breathed. "If you tell me you've got one of those in the bloody beaded bag of yours."

"Don't you see!" hermione exclaimed. "In the Chamber you stabbed the Basilisk with the Sword of Gryffindor." Harry was quiet. "Its blade is impregnated with Basilisk venom."

"It only takes in that which makes it stronger." Harry said, sitting down quickly.

Ron sat up and I watched as his expression turned grim. He was wearing the necklace and the way his muscles flexed told me not to try and stop him.

"Exactly which is why..." Hermione smiled.

"It can destroy Horcruxes." Harry finished.

"That's why Dumbledore left it to you in his will." Hermione said.

"You are brilliant Hermione, truly." Harry said.

"Actually, I'm highly logical which allows me to look past extraneous detail and perceive clearly which others overlook." She rambled.

"Yeah." Harry muttered.

Ron picked up a small instrument and pulled the lights into it. This stopped Hermione and Harry cold and I stood as Ron did.

"There's only one problem," He said, walking over to the stairs."The sword was stolen." He put the lights back. "Yeah... I'm still here. But you two carry on. Don't let me spoil the fun."

Harry turned and straddled the bench, looking at us both. "What's wrong?"

"Wrong? Nothing's wrong." Ron seethed. "Not according to you anyway."

"Ron." I warned.

"Look, if you've got something to say, don't be shy. Spit it out." Harry said, ignoring me.

"Alright, I'll spit it out. But don't expect me to be grateful because there's another damn thing we've gotta find!" Ron exclaimed angrily.

"I thought you knew what you signed up for." Harry said, looking between us again.

"That's not what he means." I stepped in between them quickly. "It's just a constant chase and doing it is sick and tedious."

"Don't speak for me." Ron shoved me out of the way and I stumbled, holding onto my stomach. "I thought I knew what I signed up for."

"Well then, I'm sorry, I don't quite understand." Harry stood up and came down the steps to confront his best friend. Hermione stood up too and we stood off to the side, watching the boys. "What part of this wasn't living up to your expectations? D-did you think we were gonna be staying in a five-star hotel, finding a Horcrux every other day. Did you think you would be back with your mum by Christmas?"

"I just thought, after all this time we would have actually achieved something. I thought you knew what you were doing. I thought Dumbledore would have told you something worthwhile! I thought you had a plan." Ron replied.

"I told you everything Dumbledore told me and in case you haven't noticed, we have found a Horcrux already." Harry mentioned.

"Yeah and about as close to getting rid of it as we are to finding the rest of them, aren't we?" Ron retorted.

"Ron... take it off." Hermione tried to take the Horcrux but he pushed her away.

I stepped between them and Harry. "Please stop."

"He needs to understand this isn't a vacation." Harry spat.

"It's just more than he bargained for, give him a minute!" I begged.

"Is it more than you bargained for?" Harry's voice was sharp.

"That's not fair." I said.

Harry gently pushed me aside and the boys were back at it.

"Do you want to know why I listen to the radio every night, do you?" Ron asked us all. "To make sure I don't hear Ginny's name. Or Fred or George or mum!"

"What, you think I'm listening too? You think I don't know how this feels!" Harry bellows.

"No you don't know how this feels! Your parents are dead! You have no family."

I jumped back as they lunged for each other but Hermione was quick to break them up before any fists were thrown.

"Fine, then go!" Harry screamed. "Go then!"

Ron whipped off the Horcrux and packed his things quickly. Hermione followed him around, speechless and yet still trying to stop him any way she could.

"Ron don't go." I said for her.

"And you two." He turned to us sharply. "Are you coming or are you staying?"

Hermione stumbled over her words, looking between us and Ron. I stepped back towards Harry, knowing I couldn't leave. And it wasn't just for Harry but for us all.

Ron's eyes shot daggers at me and I had to look away as my chest ached.

"Fine. I get it. I saw you two the other night." Ron said.

I let out a breath remembering the laughs they shared just the other night. It looked bad, especially because they paid more attention to each other than anything else.

"What?" Hermione breathed. "That was nothing."

Ron took one last look at us and left. Hermione was quick to follow.

I turned to Harry and his face hadn't really changed. He looked pissed.

"Do you think the same? That I would go behind your back? That Hermione and I would..." Harry put his hands on his hips, offensive.

I shrugged. "She's not weak and sick. She's the better option."

"You and Ron are delusional!" Harry yelled.

"Maybe so but it doesn't change the fact that we felt neglected!" I shot back. Harry was quiet and I scoffed, holding back the tears. "I don't expect flowers. I don't expect hugs and kisses and all that mushy stuff but what I do expect is recognition. Harry, I fear everyday that you're going to choose not to trust me anymore. When you don't bother to look our way at any point it... it hurts."

Harry sighed. "It was just easy to talk to her. You were the same with Ron."

"I know. But without either of us... we wouldn't be here. I saved Hermione and then Ron saved me. All that crap about you not being able to lose me... you need to thank Weasley for that." I spat.

The sound of someone apparating pushed more tension into the tent along with the breeze. I took one last look at Harry but his eyes were trained at the floor. I took that as my leave, walking out into the cold air and watching as Hermione sat on the ground. Her shoulders rocked and I knew she was crying.

She didn't go with him.

Going back inside, I grabbed her coat and came out to sit with her. Wrapping her up nice and warm, I pulled her into my arms and let her tears soak my shirt.

Her love just vanished and there was no other thought than trouble. If he didn't defend himself out there alone, we would probably never see him again.

I wasn't going to say it but we all felt it.

We might have just lost Ronald Weasley.