Chapter 7

"Babes!" Sasha rushed to her side. Naira's hair was messy, her eyes looked red because of crying, and she looked vulnerable. "What happened Naira, why are you like this?" asked Sasha.

Naira slid down the wall to the ground. "I tried to think that I am over it, but it still haunts me. I know it's not a big deal for losing virginity, but for someone like me who had never been through the phase and seen so much pain in life, it just feels horrible. I never experienced anything with guys, like I did have friends and things but Kartik was the first one who I felt for, like maybe a small attraction. And the next thing I know, he just practically used me. Maybe if he would have stayed in the morning and said it was a mistake, it would be completely fine. Maybe I might have reacted, but then it won't cross my mind. However, he just walked away. I don't expect him to feel for me or anything because I am a random girl, but I still feel disgusted. Partly disgusted by myself. My first experience with guys, attraction, sex, all was just gone in one night. What if mom and dad were alive, they wouldn't appreciate their child losing her virginity. They would probably throw me out of the house. I just feel so horrible and disgusting." she said breaking down and shoving her hands in her face.

Sasha hugged her tightly and said, "Hey, I know. I hate that Kartik guy. I know your first experience with guys was horrible but trust me, some are not even that bad. However, right now, you need to give yourself some time. Do things you enjoy. Spend time with yourself, and tell yourself to get over it. You won't be able to get over it right away, but at least try. But, why did you run from the ball and start crying all of a sudden? Did the man do anything?" asked Sasha.

"No, it wasn't his fault. He unconsciously gripped my waist tightly and I started getting flashbacks of last night. Like me drunk, me and Kartik dancing closely, and yeah, you know what. It was like I was reliving those moments. And when I looked into his eyes, they just reminded me of Kartik so much. They had so many similar characteristics and I just found myself getting conscious and suffocated because everything was going on in my head," she replied.

"Oh," said Sasha with a pause. She wiped Naira's tears, but fresh ones came out of her eyes again. "Naira, let your feelings out right now, you will feel better. Trust me."

"I don't know how to describe Slush, but I just don't feel like myself. It's like I want to rub off every mark and place he touched me. I want to wipe out every memory of him. I just wish that day had never happened. I feel disgusted and whatnot, only my heart knows how I feel right now. I am starting to loathe my body after that day. I know it shouldn't be a big deal, but consider, I am just 21, never had experience with guys, seen one of the world's biggest pains, and have seen so many dreams with my future husband. What will I tell my husband, that he isn't the one whom I -"

"Hey Naira," cut Sasha. "Look, now you are overthinking. I know you had dreams and everything but what can you guarantee that you are the first person your future husband is going to sleep with. These things are too complicated and just leave all these thoughts. And OMG!" laughed Sasha. "Look at yourself, you look like a ghost. Your makeup has smudged off, and you look pale."

"Hey!" laughed Naira. "That's not very nice. Ok, whatever, right now I need to clean myself up," she faked a smile and wiped her tears.

"Yes, Boss! Now let's go to the bathroom and clean your makeup," said Sasha laughing.

Naira and Sasha walked to the bathroom. Naira had just pretended to get over it, for Sasha. She didn't want to spoil her mood on a party day. Plus, Sasha was putting in so much effort to cheer her up and make her forget about it. She didn't want to disappoint her bestie. So she decided to act normal. On the other hand, Sasha knew that she hadn't gotten over it and wouldn't get over it so fast. However, she decided that she would give Naira the most love possible and distract her mind to make her forget about everything that had happened.