Chapter 2

Naira is holding her phone upto her ear and waiting impatiently for the person to pick up the phone.

"Slush!" she exclaimed. "I have some real good news for you. But first tell me, what took you so long to pick up the phone." she questioned.

"I was working darling!" she said. "Now quickly say what you want to say because I lied to my boss saying that I have a tummy ache and here I am talking to you!"

"Wow! Ohk!" said Naira, surprised. "Well, we had a business party come over to our restaurant and I was serving them. I think I did a good job because..." she stopped speaking waiting for Sasha to get irritated.

"Because WHAT!" she said, irritated.

Naira chuckled inwardly. "Because they gave a 2000 dollar tip!" she exclaimed.

"Damn babes! This is a hugeeee thing. I am sooooo happpyyyy!" she said screaming from the bathroom.

"Ms. Sasha! What are you doing!" exclaimed a voice outside the bathroom. Sasha had no trouble recognizing whose voice that was. It was her beloved dumbass boss!

"Um...sorry! I saw a b-b-bug and that's why I screamed." she screamed trying to make fear visible in her voice.

"Why would you scream "I am so happyyyyy!"" said her boss imitating her. "If you saw a bug!?" he questioned with uncertainty.

"No, I mean that I saw the bug and I got scared. But then I realized that it was dead that's why I screamed that way." she shouted out the door.

"Whatever," her boss said. "Now I want your ass out of that bathroom and back to work! You have a lot of clothes to fold and keep in place." Saying this, her boss left.

Here, Naira was laughing at her friend's circumstance.

"Humph...what does he think of himself." Sasha said annoyed. "By the way, who gave you that big of a tip? Like what's their name or like how did the person look?"

"Honestly, I don't remember that well. I was just too excited about the tip. But yeah, his name was KG or that's what my boss called him. I just met his eyes for a split but I don't remember his face that much because I thought that he was a normal customer. So I didn't pay that much attention to him" she responded. "His eyes were magical, you know! They were so..." She said dreamily. However, before she could say further, she was cut off by Sasha.

"Ooo! Looks like someone caught the eye of my bestie after a long time, Huh?" asked Sasha smirking

"Shut up!" said Naira blushing. "Okay! You carry on with your work or your boss will eat you up" said Naira.

"Oh Yeah! But before that, we have to celebrate babes!" exclaimed Sasha. 

"No Slush! You have work. My shift ends at 8 and your bar shift ends at 9." said Naira. "We will be too tired for anything. Also, we should save this money. It will be helpful for later studies, you know. "

Sasha and Naira had dropped out of school because of money issues. Sasha had gotten a scholarship in fashion. Naira got a scholarship in interior designing. However, they were not stable with food, clothes, house, or anything during that time. Therefore, through some agreements and obstacles, they were able to continue their courses after a few years, when they are more stable with everything. Mostly, because Naira's father was a good friend of the principal of their college so he treated them as his own daughters. 

"Oh come on! We will decide that later. Okay, bye Darling!" and Slush cut the phone.

"Bye!" said Naira.

She sighed happily and went back to work, thinking about what she could do for the party.

On the other hand, Naira cut the call and excitedly, went back to work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kartik walked into the restaurant with a stern expression. He was avoiding contact with everyone's eyes and walked in looking downwards because he definitely didn't want to alert his enemies on his whereabouts. He wanted to keep his profile as low as possible.

He sat on the table where they were located. Soon the other party arrived in which he was going to do a deal with. Both parties talked in a hushed voice afraid if anyone heard their talks. After they were done with their agreement. The other party left and Kartik and Sid remained sitting on the table.

"Kartik, are you sure this is going to work?" asked Sid. Sid was doubtful the whole time. This involved a lot of risks for their group and he didn't want to risk anyone.

"Honestly Sid, keep some trust in your boss. And if you don't trust your boss, then at least have some trust in your best friend. I am pretty sure unless what we plan doesn't get executed according to what we decided." he said sternly. "If we have to risk some of our people's lives, it doesn't matter. They will die an honorable death. Not a big deal." he finished with an expressionless face.

"But-"  Before Sid could say anything further, he was cut off by Kartik.

"I don't want to discuss this matter further. Just order something." growled Kartik.

Kartik took out his phone and was going through some pictures of his rival party. Till then, Sid ordered some food for both of them. When the waitress came to them, her sweet voice catched Kartik's ears. However, he didn't look up. When the waitress left, his eyes caught her. She was a really beautiful girl. Perhaps, one of the most beautiful Kartik had ever seen. Her cute expressions, the way she carried herself, her innocence, everything had caught Kartik's eye.

"Naira!" someone called her.

"Oh! So her name is Naira! What a sweet name. Well Ms. Naira, I hope to meet you." he said to himself. He gazed at her from top to bottom.

Atlast, when he finished his meal, he gave her a tip. It wasn't some ordinary tip. It was a $2000 tip! He had called Naira to his table and gave her the receipt. Their eyes met for a split second when their hands brushed against each other. But before anything could see each other fully, Kartik walked out the restaurant with Sid.

Kartik's mind was filled with her thoughts. Her face was just roaming around his mind. However, he had no idea why he was acting weird. It's not like he hasn't seen a girl before. All the girls were on his bed, at least once. But this girl was different. However, he hated to admit that he was thinking about her. It's a sign of weakness, which he absolutely hates. He didn't want to be a weak leader who was behind girls. He was known to be ruthless and cruel, and he wanted to keep the image of his. His thoughts were disrupted by Sid.

"Yo! We have one more meeting around 9 in the evening, it's in our building which is close to the bar." said Sid.

Kartik said "Ok!"

And they both left for their house and went to their respective rooms.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Readers,

This is the second chapter of Mafia Encounter . Please do vote and show some love towards this. Also do comment on dialogue and in general for feedback. I would like to know your opinion on this book.

From,

Your writer  :)