{12}

3rd POV:

it's currently 12 in the afternoon. Betty, Cheryl and Jason have been working the mummy ride since 6am. Since they decided to visit the park without tickets FP is making them leave work later today.

They were all wearing long sleeved safari shirts tucked into olive green cargo pants with brown dress shoes and a brown belt. Betty's and Cheryl's hair was let down while Jason had his hair gelled up.

At this point in the day all Cheryl could think about was her date in a couple of hours. She has yet to run into Toni but she's praying that she does so she isn't super awkward at the date.

"why are you so on edge today Cher?" Betty asked her cousin who was sitting in front of the small control center biting her nails and her leg bouncing rapidly.

"Just nervous i guess" Cheryl says pressing a button to start the ride and rolling her sleeves up.

"you'll be fineee Cheryl" Betty laughed

"that's reassuring" Cheryl mumbled spinning around in the stool. She had told Betty about the date earlier.

"Lunch time! Kevin and Arch are at the court let's go" Jason yelled at the two who jumped up and followed him while the other employees start their shift.

"My moms an ass" Kevin huffed sitting down at the table.

"what's up kev?" Betty asked concerned.

"She kicked me out again" He rolled his eyes.

"what happened?" Archie asked worried.

"I didn't have enough money this month for her drugs" He said his eyes filling up with tears

"Well Betty's staying with us while aunt C is out for work, you're welcome to stay with us for how ever long you need" Cheryl offered giving the boy a side hug.

"i'd love to, thank you" He smiled a tear falling down his cheek that was wiped away by Cheryl's thumb.

Kevin lives in a small one bedroom apartment with his mom. His dad was killed in a car accident when he was ten, since then it has just been him and his mom. He works four jobs and pays for the bills and food while his mom just sits around getting fat and shooting drugs up her veins. She's been kicking Kevin in and out ever since he came out to her three years ago. Usually he would stay with at Betty's with her Mom and her big brother Charles.

"Now that Kevin has somewhere safe to be... how's your brother doing Betts?" Arch asked Betty shoving a taco in his mouth.

"He's been great actually, he just started the FBI academy so soon enough he should be an official agent" Betty says with a proud expression.

"does that mean you'll have immunity with the law?" Kevin joked.

"if so then that means we have it too" Jason says to his Sister considering that's their cousins

"No! you guys better not do something stupid, i almost killed Cher yesterday because her dumb ass doesn't know how to control her emotions" Betty says rolling her eyes.

"guilty" Cheryl sings.

Just then Cheryl felt someone wrap their arms around her shoulders from behind hugging her.

"hey" Toni smiled causing Cheryl to blush.

"hi cutie" Cheryl smiled at the girl.

Ronnie sat on Betty's lap while Fangs sat next to Kevin and Sweet pea sat next to Jason. Chuck pulled up a chair by Archie and instantly started a conversation about football with him.
Toni was standing next to Cheryl's chair. Josie couldn't make it today.