36-Living On The Edge

Start bij het begin

It's strange that Lida would lie. She has no reason to lie to me. "Why do you think she was there then?" I asked, knowing he would already have a theory.

"I think she was following you." He stated confidently.

I shook my head, "Why would she be following me Anakin that makes no sense."

"I don't know." He sighed looking down to the floor.

We sat there in silence, both of us lost in our own thoughts. I did agree that it was strange that she would lie. But at the same time I don't think she was following me, she had to have some other reason for being there. Maybe it was something she was embarrassed about. Like a criminal family member?

"I could talk to her." I finally spoke.

He looked up at me, "No, I will." He stood up quickly and headed for the door and I used the force to keep it closed. When he couldn't get it opened he turned and looked at me with an annoyed expression.

"No, you're just going to make her feel like she's being interrogated." I folded my arms over my chest, "Shes my friend, I will do it, I'm sure it's not as bad as what theories you might have going on in that overly dramatic brain of yours."

His mouthed dropped slightly and he narrowed his eyes, "I am not overly dramatic." He responded defensively.

I rolled my eyes, "Sure you're not." I walked over to him and placed my hands on his shoulders, "I know you're just trying to be protective, but please let me do it."

He sighed in defeat, "Fine, I just don't trust her."

"I know but try to remember that if it wasn't for her I could be in a cell right now." I tried to get him to see the good in her and not jump to negative conclusions.

"Okay." He mumbled while looking off to the side.

~*~•~*~

I walked through the Jedi halls looking for Lida and after about ten minutes of searching I found her in the mess hall with a few other co-workers. "Hey Lida, can I speak to you privately for a moment?" I asked her as I reached her table.

"Of course (y/n)." She smiled and told her friends she would be right back. We walked off to the side and I leaned against a wall with my arms crossed trying to figure out how to approach her without seeming like I was attacking her, "Is everything okay?" She broke our silence and I snapped my head up to look at her.

"Yeah I just wanted to thank you again for what you did for me, with the prison footage." I spoke low.

"Anything for you (y/n)." She smiled brightly.

"I wanted to ask, how long have you worked there?" I furrowed my brows at her and I saw her stiffen a little at my question.

"Um I'm not sure, maybe a year." She responded shyly.

"What days are you there? I was thinking I could bring you by a lunch or a dinner maybe?" I was hoping by me asking questions she'd eventually crack.

She chuckled nervously, "No there's no need for that." She rubbed the back of her neck.

"No really I insist, it's the least I could do." I pressed and I could see her growing more nervous by the second.

"Really (y/n) I'm fine, I should get back to my table." She tried walking away and I stopped her by grabbing her arm, her eyes looked to her arm then snapped back up to meet mine.

"Lida I know you're lying to me." I spoke with a disappointed tone, "Why? You know you can trust me with anything."

She sighed and looked defeated, "You can't tell anyone." She had tears in her eyes.