20

"How is Mary holding up?" I ask turning toward Vince "She's doing okay, since the bullet only got her shoulder she's gonna make a full recovery." He answers "That's good, I'm really glad to hear that." I respond as I continue to pack up my things.
"So what's next?" Frypan asks the group "Well we pick up what's left of us and stick to the plan to get you kids to the safe haven." Vince answers Newt looks over to me with a questioning look on his face before I can ask what's wrong Thomas speaks up "I'm not coming with you guys. I made a promise to Minho, I have to after him." "What?!" Vince asks "Look around kid, WCKD just came in here and kicked our ass. We barley made it out alive." Vince says standing up "But I can't leave him behind, I promised. Look, I'm not asking anyone to come with me." Thomas says looking at me. Newt looks up at his best friend "Tommy, I have known Minho for well.. as long as I can remember. So if there was any way we can help him, trust me I would be with you. But this what you are saying is impossible." Newt says (TW!!!!!!!) "More like suicide." Jorge says getting closer to the group. "Maybe it is, but I know what I'm suppose to do now. It's not just about Minho, it's about all of us.. everyone WCKD has ever taken.. they will never stop. So I'm gonna stop them. I'm gonna kill Ava Paige." Thomas says proudly "I have to admit... I would like some revenge." Harriet says walking towards the group. "Me too.." I finally speak out Newt looks over at me "Then I'm on board to." He says "Well that was a good speech kid. So what's your plan?" Vince asks Thomas. I see Mary walk out of the only tent that was left standing and she walks up to us. "We need to leave out immediately." She says "WCKD knows our location and with Thomas and Y/N here I know they will be back soon." She says looking at Thomas and I. "What about Minho?" Newt asks "We need to get somewhere safe before we start coming up with a plan to get him back. There is another safe haven location where many other survivors are." She smiles "Let me go grab some things and we will leave right away." She says before walking back to the tent. I smile at Newt and walk over to him "did you hear her?! Another safe haven! This is great!" I say while wrapping my arms around Newt and pulling him in for a hug. "Yes love, it is. I can't wait." He smiles kissing my lips. We both grab our bags and head for one of the cars following behind Thomas. We all load into the car and I sit in the middle seat on each side of me are my brother snd my boyfriend. I look at Newt and smile, I lean my head on his chest and close my eyes.

Once we arrived to the safe heaven I looked around taken in the views. It was beautiful here there was huge boat sitting on the water. There are so many other survivors here, most from other mazes. For now our group is gonna go into the boat to talk about how we can save Minho from WCKD.
"Alright Thomas, what's your plan?" Vince asks "Well... you guys cant say no right away okay?" He says looking down "We won't, just tell us." I say to try and encourage my brother. "So, while we were at base, there was a train that came there multiple times a day. I would watch it from the top of a mountain it comes a total of 3 times a day. Four of the compartments said "WCKD" on the side of it. Y/N told me about how before when we worked there that's how they transport subjects." He says he is talking really fast and I can pick up in his nervousness. Everyone faces are still blank as they continue to listen "I was thinking that if we make it there at the time of the train we can get one of the train cars that Minho is in and we can not only save him but so many others." Thomas says looking back to the group for their thoughts. "You know that sounds ridiculous... right?" Vince says "Maybe.. but I have a feeling it will work." Thomas responds "Well it does sound bloody ridiculous but I trust you Tommy I say we at least try." Newt says while squeezing my hand "I agree." I say
Everyone else nods their heads in agreement to the plan as Thomas starts letting everyone know their jobs.

Sorry guys this was so short, it was just a filler chapter to take us into Death Cure! I'm super excited for what I have planned for this next part. I hope you all enjoyed my version of The Scorch Trials! Remember to vote and comment if you enjoyed. Thank you 💕