2

I heard two male voices coming from a room. I follow the voices and walk in, I see the boy named Newt standing with a tall boy with dark hair.
"We can't keep doing this Newt, our friends are dying." The tall dark haired boy said. "I know Thomas..but I don't know what else to do" Newt whispered "Lower your voice Tommy." Right when he said that a woman entered the room with two what looks like security guards and with one word from the blonde woman the guards grab Newt by the arm and take him. The boy named Thomas starts calling out for the boy and I join. "Newt no! Stop you can't take him!" I scream "its okay Y/N I love you and I'll never forgot you I promise, no matter what they do to me" my heart twisted in my chest with those words for some reason. As I scream his name one more time before he is fully taken out of my site. Thomas walked over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. His features were similar to mine... "I'm sorry sis, we will figure this out."
End of dream.

I am awoken to a tap on my shoulder I jolt you and rub my eyes. It's just Alby. I sighed and he puts a finger to his lips and hushes me. He motions me to follow him. I slip my shoes on and follow.
"Are you okay Y/N? Seemed like you were having a nightmare." Alby asked quietly "Yeah I'm okay. Just a dream..it felt so..real though." He looked off as I followed him. He lead me to a worn down stair case and walked up, I walked behind him. We got to the top and he says "Come here Y/N look through this window." I see these big machine like monsters and I hear the scream of one. "G grievers.." I say with a shaky voice. "Yep" Alby said "Those are things that roam the maze every night. They are less active during the day." I swallow hard and ask "That's why the doors close? What happens if someone gets stuck at night?" Alby looked at me "Nobody ever survives a night in the maze.. Except Newt."
"What happened to Newt?" Alby almost talked over me with a quick, "we don't talk about it." I sigh and nod my head. Alby leads me back to the homestead as the sun comes up. I see Newt walking around the homestead. I approach him and with a smile he says "Morning Y/N. How was your first night?" My heart fluttered in my chest when I heard his voice after the dream I had last night. I still need to figure out if that was a memory or my mind just playing tricks on me. I sighed "it was okay I guess, I didn't get much sleep." Before I knew it Chuck walked up behind me and in a joking tone he said "She didn't get much sleep because she was yelling out for you all night, Newt." I blushed quickly and turned around to Chuck who was already mocking me "Oooooh Newt, please don't take him" he said in a high pitched tone obviously trying to mimic my tone of voice. Newt raises an eyebrow and looks at me and chuckles a little. Chuck runs off to the dinning hall giggling the whole way. "What was that about?" Newt said still chuckling my cheeks were red hot and I said shyly " I had a dream last night...and you were there. It felt so real... I don't know.. these people they came and they took you and I was yelling out for you and begging them not to take you." Newt looked at me a little more serious now. "Y/N it probably felt so real because it was a memory.. Don't worry about it, I have seen you in my memories as well." I decide to brush off the conversation not wanting to put to much into it at this moment. We walk together to the dinning hall we grab food and we sit down together at a table with Minho and Chuck. Before I knew it breakfast was over and it was time to go try out all the jobs.
Newt and I walk over to a shed and we walk in. I'm met with a boy who introduces himself as Winston. I smile and Newt leaves me with him. Winston speaks up and says "Time to get to work Greenie, this is the slaughter house. We tend to all the animals and all the slaughtering here." I look at him with pure disgust reflecting on my face. He chuckles and leads me to a work stations and explains what to do.

I thought the day couldn't be over quick enough. I go straight to the washrooms and wash off I feel disgusting.

I hear the dinner bell ring and I'm off to dinner. By the time I get to dinning hall I realize how tired I am. I eat my food quickly and head to my hammock for hopefully a good night sleep.