Rage of Failures

Começar do início

"What did you just say, you little brat?"

"This spell links the life force of whoever is connected. If I go down, then you're coming with me."

As if on cue, Sloth collapsed to the ground, finding himself too weak to stand any longer. He cursed and tried to rip the whip off him, but it was no use.

"You're seriously gonna die just so I can?"

"If that's what it takes. You're the one who can stop the spell and then it won't matter how much life force we both have."

"Sloth, if you cancel the spell, you still won't have to think if you'll die or not," Wrath warned. "I'll kill you myself."

"So I guess either way you die, eh?" Emi joked. "Seems like a pretty rough deal if you ask me. I have enough strength in me to cast one more spell. I guess I'm just gonna have to force you to cancel it."

"What do you--"

"Magia Kera," she weakly whispered.

Multiple magic circles surrounded Sloth before they pressed down into him. He was encased in light, and suddenly the giant cloud that hovered above them disappeared. She explained that it was the same sealing spell she had used on them in their last meeting.

"Now you won't be able to use your magic abilities."

Natsu began to stand up again, his strength slowly returning to him. Laxus was up next. Emi looked over and saw that everyone was slowly getting up, but they all still looked really weak. She turned to see behind her, but was met by a still motionless Sting.

"Too bad for your mate there," Sloth bit. "Seems he was weak enough after all the spells he used to just die."

Emi forced herself to her feet and slowly walked over to Sting.

"Em, watch out!"

Her head whipped up at Laxus's shouts and was met with Wrath lunging at her with his fire. He formed another large crater when his fist made contact with the ground. He stood up and laughed maniacally.

"Tell me, daughter of Cain, do you feel empty inside now? I always wanted to know what it felt like when someone in a mated couple dies. Is it painful?"

"Shut up."

"Do you maybe lose any magical ability or senses?"

"Shut up!"

"Oh it seems I've touched a nerve."

"Sword Summon: Warblade of the Blue Demon!"

Wrath and Sloth looked on with open mouths as Cain's sword appeared in Emi's hands.

"That's...impossible. You shouldn't be able to handle a demon's sword."

Emi faced Sloth and snapped back, "Well what can I say? I guess that 'traitor' you speak so lowly of has some real skill in training people."

Sloth prepared for the attack, well aware of the fact that he wouldn't be able to defend against it.

"Well Leader, I guess it's farewell. Do me a favor and annihilate them all for me, yes?"

"I'm doing that anyway, but not because your pathetic excuse of a demon told me to. Now die already. You've been nothing but a nuisance this entire battle."

Emi whipped the sheathed sword and cut the air, sending both Sins back. She slowly stepped in front of Sloth and growled lowly before unsheathing the sword and piercing his back. She retracted the sword and swung it, slicing his head off. The white haired woman used her Immolate spell to set his body on fire. She stood over the fire and watched as he disappeared into nothing but ash.