~ Part 1~ | Messages

Start from the beginning

Master Wu sat there, distractedly looking at his plate as he contemplated what Cole assumed was something important. Or maybe he was just strategizing the best way to buy tea before the morning rush again. Whatever it was, the subject was occupying Wu's mind so much that he picked up Cole's food and placed it in his mouth.

The students all snickered when Master Wu suddenly recoiled, spitting out the bread with a series of hacking noises. "Cole," Wu wiped his mouth profusely with his napkin. "Do us all a favour and don't touch the toaster again."

Jay snickered and Cole gave him a glare, making sure to aim a hearty kick at the ginger's shins. "OW!" Jay complained.

Zane ignored his restless classmates as Kai began to poke some fun at Jay, and turned his attention to Master Wu. His intelligent eyes narrowing. "Is everything alright, Master Wu?"

"Yes- well... it will be." Master Wu sighed. His worry filled words got the attention of the rest of the group.

"Is there anything we can do?" Nya offered in concern.

"At this moment, no." Wu chuckled, standing with his plate. "For now, maybe you can work more at your classes, I won't be here but I expect you to keep up with your education."

That got some groans from his students.

"And maybe in your free time you could think of some ideas to spread the word of the school." Master Wu added, raising an eyebrow. "Think of ideas that are from you."

Kai leaned back in his chair. "What is that supposed to mean?" He yelled as Wu left the room. The door slammed in answer.

"Where do you think he's off to?" Jay wondered aloud.

Cole shrugged, snagging Jay's plate and eating his leftovers off of it. Jay slapped his hand in retaliation.

"Let's not worry about it now." Zane chuckled, taking a few of the dirty dishes. "I'm sure Master Wu will tell us when he's ready."

"Who knows?" Cole chewed on Jay's grape thoughtfully. "Maybe he's finally getting a beard-cut." 

******

"What about....posters?"

"Posters, Jay? Is that what we're stooping to?" Kai teased.

Jay shot him a glare. "Well what's your great idea?"

"How about you got into the middle of Ninjago City, scream at the top of your lungs, and pour paint on yourself for a good two hours, and we'll say that 'if you don't come to Master Wu's School for Self-Discovery you'll turn out like him.'" Kai suggested with a smirk. Nya made an 'eughhh' sound and rolled her eyes up to the ceiling as Cole looked up from his notebook.

"I vote for Kai's idea!" Cole raised his pen.

"Zane? Nya? What's your judgement?" Kai turned to the...less chaotic members of the school.

Nya squinted at her brother. "NO!"

Kai raised his hands in surrender. "Alright, sheesh! Everyone's entitled to their own opinion." Kai sniffed.