Chapter 22: Beach Vacation (Part 2)

Depuis le début

   "I- um... I slept well," You respond, turning your attention to the ground. 

   "Imma need more detail than that F/n-chan," Ami says mischievously. 

   You were confused as to what was going on. 

   Did Oikawa tell them about yesterday? You ask yourself. Little did you know Oikawa fell asleep with you in his arms. 

   A look of anger and annoyance plasters itself onto your face.  

   Ami quickly takes note of your expression and moves away from you. 

   "Haha nevermind. Forget I said anything," Ami stated nervously. 

   You roll your eyes at her. Your gaze shifts to Oikawa, but as soon as you look at him, a feeling in the pit of your stomach bubbled up. Blushing, you immediately avert your gaze back to the wooden flooring. 

   What's wrong with me, You as yourself.    

   Oikawa frowns as you look away from him. He was worried you were angry with him. Maybe he had gone too far this time. 

   Little did the boy know, only one thing was running through your mind. The way Oikawa called you by your given name before you drifted off to sleep. When you thought about it, you got butterflies. 

   Iwaizumi sighed. It's too early for him to deal with the two of you. He got up from the couch and made his way to the kitchen that's conveniently in the same room as the living space. "We should eat. I'll go make breakfast," Iwaizumi says in a tried tone. 

   "I'll help!" Ami cheers as she jumps up to follow her boyfriend. 

   You look up from the floor and over to Iwaizumi. "I can help too," You offer. 

   Iwaizumi sends a stern look in your direction. "Didn't you have a fever," Iwaizumi says. 

   At first, you're confused. You never had a fever.  

   After a few seconds, you catch onto what he meant. Iwaizumi was telling you that he hadn't forgotten about your hurt knee. But of course, he couldn't say that out loud because of the others. 

   You match his gaze. "I'm feeling all better." 

   "Yeah, sure. We've got it. You just rest." 

   You pout and get back into a comfortable position on the couch. 

   Once Iwazumi and Ami get started on cooking, Oikawa got off the floor and took a seat on the side of the couch that's opposite to you. 

   You look at him with a raised eyebrow. Normally he would have sat much closer to you. The distance made you somewhat anxious. It didn't help that he wouldn't even look at you. 

   Makki and Matsukawa looked between the two of you and Ami and Iwa. 

   "We either go with the annoyingly perfect couple or the dysfunctional and awkward one," Makki says to Matsun. Though he made sure to speak loud enough for you and Oikawa to hear him. 

   "WE'RE NOT A COUPLE AND WE'RE NOT DYSFUNCTIONAL!!!" You and Oikawa yell out simultaneously. 

   "I would prefer the perfect couple over them," Matsukawa responded. Neither of them paying any attention to you and Oikawa. 

   "Yeah, same here," Makki says, struggling to keep a straight face.     

   "HEY!!!" You and Oikawa yell in perfect sync as Makki and Matsun walk off to the others without another word.