Step 11: Time Travel Is Bullshit... Right?

A/N: IM VERY VERY SORRY ABOUT HOW LONG THIS TOOK!!!
Also, I know the fan art isn't wolfstar but it's cute so-

"Alright, Rem, truth or dare?" James pulled out a bottle of firewhiskey, which had veritaserum in it, and swished it around.

"Dare." Too many incriminating secrets could be spilled if he picked truth.

"Y'know that golden necklace thing Lily has on sometimes when she just appears in class?" Remus nodded.

"Steal it."

Remus rolled his eyes. "Prongs, this isn't a good way to keep her as your girlfriend."

James waved a dismissive hand in Remus' direction. "Irrelevant. Now go steal it."

Remus sighed and crept away for his mission.

He came back ten minutes later, covered in mud and what looked like pillow fuzz, but holding the golden necklace nonetheless.

"I'm going to return this to Lily now because it is very dangerous and she is pissed at me. This is a time turner and if any of you touch it we could be transported to Merlin knows when. So don't tou-"

Then Remus tripped.

And he dropped the time turner.

And it broke.

And the Marauders (plus Lily, who had chased Remus into the boys dorm trying to get her necklace back) rushed to help him. The full moon was the next night and he was in a fragile state.

And they were just in time to get sucked into a time portal that stuck them in 1954.

~~✩☽~~

"Bloody hell, James, what did you do?!"

"I haven't done anything, Lily! Don't throw that book at m- OUCH!"

"THAT'S WHAT YOU GET!"

Remus got down from where he had landed on top of a shelf in what looked like a broom closet and patted his two friends' shoulders. They were all cramped in the small room together and all that was in there was a shelf of books for Lily to throw at James.

"If you'll think about the situation again, I think you'll see that I'm the one who landed us here."

Lily stopped throwing books at James and turned to Remus with her hands on her hips.

"And who dared you to take my time turner?"

"..."

"Exactly." Another book flew at James' head.

Remus rolled his eyes and walked out of the room into the next room over, which seemed to be the Hufflepuff common room. On the other side of the, otherwise empty, common room, a Hufflepuff girl was sitting on what looked like a very comfortable couch, humming and reading. She looked to be in about fourth year.

Remus tapped the brunette girl on the shoulder. "Excuse me, what's the date?"

She looked up and smiled. "March 27th, 1954!"

"Ok, thanks!"

Her hair turned pink, startling Remus. "Happy to help!" She looked down at his robes and saw the Gryffindor crest. "Are you lost?"

"A bit, yes."

"Gryffindor dorm rooms are down that corridor," she pointed towards the exit of the room. "Up a couple flights of staircases, and then you'll start to see some other Gryffindors walking around. I think if you follow their general direction eventually you'll find the portrait of Elizabeth and you can say the password to her and she'll let you in. I'm pretty sure the password is nargles right now."