Step 6: Recruit James For Help

Ok I decided to start the chapter with my own fan art so enjoy!

"Jaaaaaaamessssss!"

"Yes, darling?"

"Get over here, idiot."

James stood from his bed where he had been studying and walked over to sit next to Sirius Sirius, who was draped across his own bed with his head hanging upside down off the end. Peter was in a study group that Remus was leading in the library, so it was just the two of them in the dorm.

"Ok, now what do you want?"

"So kind. And they say chivalry is dead." Sirius sat up and ran a hand through his hair. "As much as I hate to admit it, I need advice."

"On what?" James rested his chin on his palm and adjusted his glasses.

"Well there's this.... person. I think I fancy them. I don't know if they fancy me back though."

"You want my advice on how to get this guy to like you or???"

"Yeah, I guess- sorry did you say guy?"

"Yeah... was I wrong though?"

Sirius looked at his feet, blushing.

James laughed. "Thought so. Anyway, if you want this guy to like you, you should try to take an interest in things that he likes. If you already like the same things, try to spend time with him doing those things. Some people are so unlike you though, that you should appreciate your differences. You might balance each other out. Who knows."

"Ok." Sirius said slowly. "Take up his interests. Ok I can do that. Thanks, Prongs. I'll see you later."

"No problem, mate." James flopped back down on his bed. "Good luck!"

"I'll need it." Sirius muttered on the way out.

~~✩☽~~

The next day at breakfast, Remus received another letter.

Remus,
I love how you laugh at my jokes, even when they're stupid. Even if it's just a pity laugh, I appreciate it.
Love, your secret admirer

"So, Moony," James took a bite of toast. "What's today's hint?"

"I laugh at their jokes, so it has to be someone we talk to on a daily basis and think are funny." Remus stage gasped. "JAMES! Are YOU my secret admirer?!"

James laughed, almost spitting out his tea. "OH NO MOONY YOU'VE FOUND ME OUT! WHAT EVER WILL I DO?"

"IT REALLY IS TRUE LOVE!" Remus swooned and stage fainted into Sirius' laugh. He started giggling and Sirius couldn't help but join in.

"Look! Sirius has two letters today!" Peter pointed to the two large owls swooping towards them, just barely avoiding knocking Minnie's hat off.

"Hm. None from the parents again. Wonder who they're from this time." Sirius opened the first one.

Sirius,
Hey again! It's me from the other day. May I just say, your jokes are really funny. Like, I genuinely laugh when I hear them. Ok maybe sometimes it's a pity laugh but I still think you're funny!
And gorgeous.
Ok that's all for today. I'll write again tomorrow (as usual)
Love, (nope still no name)

Sirius's eyes widened at the beginning of the letter.

May I just say, your jokes are really funny. Like, I genuinely laugh when I hear them.

He had written to Remus that he loved that he laughed at his jokes.

I need to talk to Asteria.