Step 9: Ask Out Remus

A/N: we made it! The chapter you've all been waiting for! The end of the pining!
Also there's a ton of modern songs in here but you know what? We can pretend
If you want Mr. Loverman playing while it takes place in the chapter, you can start it any time now (depending on reading speed)

~~~~

"Damn it. Why does it hurt so much to be in love?"

"Ask him out. It won't hurt anymore."

"Yeah but it'll hurt worse if he says no. I can't lose him."

"Fucking idiot. He won't say no."

"You don't know that."

"Yes, I do. Now, I have to go to my date with Lily. Eat some chocolate or something to hype you up, ok? It'll be ok. If you're not ready today, you better be ready tomorrow."

Remus frowned. "Fine. Have fun on your date."

James grinned and ran his hand through his hair. "I think we will. I can't believe she finally said yes!"

Peter groaned from the other side of the room. "You've said that. About a million times."

"Yes I have. Now you help this poor sod ask out Sirius. I can't handle any more of his pining!"

James ran out of the room before Remus could hex him.

~~✩☽~~

"Asteria! I have a new development in operation Sirius Lupin!"

"Ooooh do tell!"

"They're both hopeless romantics who don't believe anyone would ever love them."

"We already knew that."

"Well I don't know what else to do!"

"Well what we're you talking about with Sirius for hours yesterday?"

"Mostly quidditch... oh right! He wrote a song for Remus! I have a list of the instruments somewhere.... aha! Here it is!"

Asteria clapped her hands. "This is perfect! We have to help him perform it. It'll be like The Marauders concert! He can be lead singer, I'll be backup singer, you play keyboard, and your other friends can control the background music!"

"We are getting these two together if it's the death of us! Oh uh... sorry... the death of me."

Asteria giggled. "It's fine. I love a good death joke every now and then. Where do Remus and Sirius think you are right now?"

"On a date with Lily."

"And where does Lily think you are?"

"What makes you think she's not in on this?" James winked and grinned as Lily walked in holding a purse.

James turned to her. "What's with the purse?"

"Undetectable extension charm." She started pulling all sorts of instruments out of the bag. "So we can practice for the big concert! I've recruited Marlene, Alice, Dorcas, and Mary to help with the music and be dancers. I assume you've got Peter on lights?"