7: You should have been born ugly

Start from the beginning

"W-what?", He looked at the picture again and realization washed across his face, "oh"

Mom chuckled and smiled at us, "honestly the two of you, I just hope you don't kill each other one day", she said and left the kitchen, "better not be late for school, I'm off"

"Okay Mom bye!", I called out and looked at Zayd who was still searching his phone furiously, I rolled my eyes and decided to take pity on him.

"Okay fine I'll delete it"

A look of relief crossed his face, "you will?"

"If"

"Oh great", he threw his hands up and scowled at me, "what?"

I smiled at him wickedly and rubbed my hands, this is gonna be good.

"If you let me drive to school today", I said with finality, ever since we got the car Zayd had always been the one driving us to school.

Zayd looked horrified, "what? No way, you drive like a crazed lunatic"

"Well then", I got up and left the kitchen, "I wonder how many likes would have gathered by next week"

"Come on Zee", he grabbed my arms and turned me so I was facing him, "anything but that"

"No", I shook my head like a stubborn little girl, "I. Want. To. Drive"

"Ya Allah", Zayd threw his head back, then he glared at me for a long moment before shoving the car keys at me.

"Yay!! I'm driving", I cheered and skipped outside, Zayd followed me grumbling to himself.

"I hate you"

"I love you too"

I started the car and pulled out of the driveway, immediately Zayd began to recite the Shahaddah and I laughed, "you know you're the one making me feel nervous", I informed him, "so stop it"

"Hey, I just wanna be prepared in case I die"

I rolled my eyes, my driving skills weren't terrible. Zayd was just exaggerating, but I felt more comfortable driving in neighborhood roads; highways and express roads still scared me.

"See?", I said when I parked in the school's parking lot, "we're in one piece, no dents or scratches on the car"

"Whatever, just delete the damn post", he snapped and got out of the car, jeez.

I quickly got down and locked the car, I pocketed the keys and smiled, since he ghosted me I might as well hold on to them. The harsh light from the sun nearly blinded me, I put a hand over my eyes and rushed into the building.

There was a commotion coming from somewhere in the building. I curiously followed the noise, before I got there Hailey appeared from a corner, she seemed to be out of breath, when she saw me she looked relieved and sped towards me.

"Oh thank goodness there you are"

"What's going o-", I tried to ask but she grabbed my wrist the second she got to me and started running back while dragging me.

"Hailey, what's going on!", I yelled in confusion.

"No time to explain!", She kept dragging me until we reached a crowd shouting, when we got closer I noticed there were two boys fighting in the middle. Are you kidding me, this was what Hailey dragged me like a criminal for?

I turned to her, "seriously? You dragged me over to watch a fight?"

She shook her head frantically, "no, look at the guys fighting"