.24

Evelyn.

Where do we go from here? 

I meandered down the parking lot into the building as I began to let my thoughts wander, though I tried desperately to avoid it.

Luke and I definitely made up.

Definitely.

I blushed at the memory, a few days ago when I had run up to him in the rain.

We were spending time around each other, but not really alone together- not after that day at least. Constantly we were surrounded by our friends, never leaving our sides.

Perhaps that's a good thing, I thought to myself.

Gives us both time to think clearly.

I didn't realize I had made it all the way to my office until the door came into my view. It was locked, as it always is- to protect the information.

Pulling the keys out of my pocket, I fumbled to find the one for my door.

Clumsily, it slipped out of my hand, falling onto the floor. They clattered with a loud sound in the hallway.

Lack of sleep really does mess with you.

I sighed, closing my eyes and tilting my head for a moment. A headache began to thud in my head. Today was going to be a long day.

I started to reach down to grab my keys where another large hand met it first  It was familiar, the same black ring on his middle finger.

Standing straight once more, I watched as Luke's dark figure stood back up slowly in front of me, now towering in his height. His hand grazed against the side of my work skirt, settling on my hip with a ghosted touch.

My skin burned under his fingers, nothing else
on my mind but his hand on the edge of my skirt.

His finger held the keys in the loop, spinning them playfully. A coy smile appeared on his lips as he ran his tongue over it.

The dimple in his cheek deepened with the wide smile growing. That's the first time I ever saw that.

"You have a dimple," I pointed out, reaching up to touch it with my finger.

He took my hand lightly in his, pressing it to his cheek and leaning into it.

"And you look tired, darling," Luke murmured.

I resisted, "I am not ti-", My words were cut off by a yawn that left past my lips. I covered my mouth half-hazardly, letting a soft sound leave my lips.

He smiled in satisfaction at my movements, pressing a soft kiss to my forehead. His lips pressed against my skin reddened my cheeks, tingling on the edges of my face.

I avoided the feeling in my stomach, butterflies filling me and spreading out throughout.

"You're the best agent we have, Agent Fitzgerald," Luke turned toward any office as I unlocked it, "We need you rested and ready to go."

Luke turned around, locking the door behind him and turning back to me. It was strange to see, him locking the door behind him.

He leaned against the door, the undercoat of his suit a light gray as he unbuttoned it, resting his hand on his hip.

"Anything new on our case?" I asked. I shrugged my jacket off, placing my things down, and stepping towards him.

He shook his head, reaching over to touch my lower back. I resisted jumping as his hand slipped under the suit jacket, pressing directly against my shirt.