.08

Evelyn.

Personal space. Personal space is meant to be respected.

Apparently, Agent Hemmings does not know that.

His breath hit the back of my neck, my hair tied up as it always is. Buns and ponytails are my best friend in this field of work.

He was leaned over my shoulder, observing the computer in front of me as I typed a professional report on what we discovered in the last three weeks.

Luke's hands were around me, on either side of my desk. I glanced down at them for a moment, his knuckles tight around me with his body leaned down to right next to me.

Many scrutinizing eyes are observant of this case for the simple fact that Mendoza is a national concern.

That meant Luke was also observant of everything I do. Unfortunately, he was the higher ranking agent on this case. Meaning he had to approve the reports.

He figured that just reading them while I'm writing them would be far easier than having to read them afterward.

I hated it. I've never had someone literally read over my shoulder at my work.

And I'm starting to think he was doing it on purpose.

"Agent Hemmings," I swallowed, turning my head slightly to the side, "You're in my space."

He hummed, leaning his head down to get closer to me. His hair tickled me as he let a breath hit my neck once more.

I dare not move, knowing if I tilted an inch, my head would be face to face with his.

"And?" He murmured lowly.

"Get. Out. Of my space," I clenched my teeth, hands tightening into fists as I took a shallow breath.

He chuckled as I cringed, him raising his hands in mock surrender before moving away a little, enough that his breath is just barely touching my neck.

Just then, Luke's phone began to ring. He moved away from me and excused himself quickly, moving out of my office and into the hallway to pick up the call.

I rolled my eyes, finishing the report off and printing it out to be signed by the Chief.

With my heels clicking against the floor, I walked swiftly over to Chief Hood. He sat at his desk, leaned back with his feet kicked up on the wood.

"Chief Hood?"

"Agent Fitzgerald," He nodded towards me, awaiting what I wanted. I placed in front of him the report as he read it over briefly. 

"This is good work," Calum approved, looking back at me with his intense, brown eyes, "Did Agent Hemmings look over this?"

There we go with the micromanaging.

Biting my tongue, I nodded.

"Good."

Just then, I felt someone behind me. I turned around to see Luke.

"Agent Fitzgerald, Chief Hood."

I bid Calum goodbye lightly, turning over to Luke. To my surprise, he delicately wrapped his hand around my wrist, pulling me over to him quickly.

"We got a crime scene."

I blinked at him, waiting for him to elaborate, "Okay? And?"

He lifted his phone to show me a picture. There lay a picture of a dead body, with a specific marking zoomed in. It looked like branding that farmers put on their cows, burning into the skin.