.31

Evelyn.

"What outfit says Chief to you," I held out two separate fits for Luke, who was sitting on my couch already dressed. He was wearing a blue suit with a dark black undershirt; his blue eyes shined every brighter in my opinion.

In one hand was my sleek maroon suit, a white top underneath.

In the other was a navy blue suit with a dark blue skirt.

He pointed to the maroon suit, "You're gonna need to be able to move fast- you can't do that in a skirt."

I slipped out of my clothes, confused. It did not make sense for a second, not to mention that it was so early and I was so tired. With that, I paused as I asked, "Why fast?"

Luke shamelessly stared at me changing, wordlessly letting his eyes fall over my body. I coughed to catch his attention as he whipped his eyes back up to my face. There was no embarrassment on his face, no shame whatsoever as I rolled my eyes.

He continued,

"Well, reporters. They all want a story on the first female Chief in the FBI."

Right.

I hate that he is smarter than me sometimes.

I slipped on the maroon suit as he talked, "You have a dress for tonight?"

I froze, mid pulling on my pants. Luke stared at me blankly, as if I had said the most stupid thing he had ever heard in his life.

"Don't tell me you forgot-"

"I didn't! I didn't forget, I know we have the ball tonight."

Shit, no I totally forgot.

He rolled his eyes, standing up and grabbing his keys. He made his way to the door as I stopped him. I pulled his shirt to me, turning him around so that he would face me again.

"Wait where are you going?"

Luke turned over to me, his eyes moving straight to my chest. I was about to slap him when his hand reached over to my button-up shirt. It was then I realized he was in fact, fixing the way it was buttoned.

Turns out I buttoned it wrong, leaving one button not done and part of the shirt hanging over. I blushed red as he unbuttoned it, aligning it to ensure that it was now fixed. He flattened it down on my stomach, hooking his fingers into my belt loops to press me up to him.

Then, his hands started reaching up to my face instead. I looked up at his eyes wide, all of a sudden completely forgetting what I was saying. I parted my lips, mouth going dry as his eyes flitted down to my mouth.

Every time we kiss, it still feels like the first.

Luke leaned over slightly, tilting his head as his lips met mine in a slow, open-mouthed kiss. My eyes shut as I exhaled slightly against him.

He pulled away, brushing his lips against mine, "I'm getting you a dress for the ball."

I let my lips curl up slightly as he reached down to press a kiss to my hand, turning to leave the apartment. He knew I didn't like the whole shopping scene.

I really don't like sparkly, big, fancy dresses.

And Luke knew that.

This is what love is- showing someone you care in ways unique to them. Him going to buy my dress for me, because I despise it and don't have an eye for them, is exactly how I imagined love.

The things that matter.

I got dressed in the suit, fixing my hair down in front of my shoulders.