1

Rewritten

MY LIPS CURLED DOWNWARDS as my mother called me. I just wanted to chill in peace. I went downstairs and into the kitchen where my mother was located.

"Yes ma?" I asked, wanting to go back to my room as quick as possible.

"We got some new neighbors, I done made a pie for them, go greet them with it, and bring your brother to." She told me, making me groan. I didn't wanna walk around the house, let alone, go across the street and talk to new people.

I grabbed the pie and went up to knock at Nathans room. I knocked and heard a subtle: 'come in'.

I walked in and saw him playing the PS4. "What's up?" He asked me. I sat down on his carpeted floor and sighed tiredly.

"Ma said we should go and greet new neighbors across the street" I told him, flopping onto my back. I heard a groan escape his mouth.

"And I was close to beating this nigga ass" he said. "Ight, get out and lemme changed" he ushered me, shutting off his PS4 and picking me out, practically pushing me out of the room.

I waited for a good 10 minutes. This nigga still wasn't done and he complains when I get ready. "Nathan get your ass out of there" I yelled for him.

"Stop all that yelling in my house child" ma yelled out from downstairs.

We walked out to the other side of the slim road and saw a bunch of people on the porch of the 2 story house. Hopefully they ain't throwing a house party when I'm try a sleep cos if I hear one noise I'm going to hurt someone.

We make it to their house and stood there awkwardly. "Hey... we're your neighbors and our mom practically forced us to come greet yall. Oh and she also made you a pie" I said, slowly outstretching my arms, showing them the homemade apple pie.

A guy with hazel eyes grabbed it out my hands, analyzing it. "Appreciate it." He said.

I dunno why, but something about him was familiar. I looked at him, trying to figure out where i knew him from. The harder i analyzed, the clearer it became. "Roddy?"

378 words

First chapter of the rewritten hood baby roddy ricch book ! Thank you for reading <3