𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

Aliyah picked up her phone, answering it, and putting it to her ear. "Yo what's up Roddy?" she asked. "Yo Aliyah, how you doin'?" he answered but also questioned back. "I'm good, so why you call me?" she said, wanting to get to the point.

"Mmh, I got a surprise for you, come over..." he said into the phone. "Mmk," Aliyah said and cut the line. She put on better clothes and left the house, after her mother questioning her. She walked across the street, looking both ways.

She pulled the spare key out from behind the lantern that was fastened to the wall, opening the door and placing it back. She went upstairs after greeting everybody she saw smoking weed on the couch, taking a blunt, and lighting it up.

She reached her friend's room and knocked before hearing rustling for a few seconds followed by a faint 'come in'. She exhaled the air, the bitter smelling smoke flooding her senses. "Hey Roddy, whatchu call me here for?" she interrogated.

"Mmh, well Aliyah, we've been good friends and I promised that I would take you to Hawaii...so das what I did...!" he said, causing Aliyah to nearly choke on the smoke from her blunt.

Aliyah's dad was never in the picture, as he left when she was 2. He left her mom to deal with twins and Aliyah never forgave him. She tried helping as much as she could, working different shifts until they moved to L.A. She heard he last went to Hawaii.

"Thank you, Roddy...I appreciate it so much..." she said, throwing herself into his arms. He heard soft, faint sniffles and looked down at the lightskin girl. She looked up at him and kissed his cheek briefly. His heart started beating faster and his stomach felt weird.

'Now I know that I love this girl, and I wanna make her mine. Imma do it in Hawaii.' he thought to himself. 'Ight lemme tell her to go pack because I was hella late to buy them tickets the flights next week...' he continued to think.

"Mmk Aliyah, go pack, the trip is next week Tuesday," he told the girl in front of him. "YO WHAT?!" she questioned, pulling away to which Roddy only nodded. The girl smacked her lips and ran out the room, dashing to her house.

Roddy just chuckled and went to his car, going to get the ring he was gonna use and tell Aliyah that he loved her. He was planning it all out in his head.

-

a/n: EW this chapter sucks but istg next chapter finna be more interesting like stg I can't even this chapter lemme start working on this new chapter-