Chapter 4

(Y/n)'s POV

Me and Cloud follow Tifa to the weapon store that was downstairs, so the three of us went downstairs and we were at the weapon shop now. The guy that was rude to Tifa was looking at me and Cloud before asking us, "Hold up. Heard there's two mercs that'll take on any monster. You both the two people?" The man asked us. Tifa was talking to herself or probably the guy, "Word spreads fast around here." Tifa said to herself. Me and Cloud looked at the guy before we asked him, "So what if we are?" We asked the guy. The guy tried to apologize to us because of how his business is, but we really didn't pay attention to him.

The guy was looking at our swords before asking us, "Man in your lines of work needs weapons, no? Why not try that one on for size?" The man asked us. Me and Cloud looked at the two swords, me and Cloud decided to get them but before we could get anything to the guy, but the guy told us that it was on the house, so me and Cloud didn't have to pay the guy. The guy was telling us, "Badasses like you two rocking my weapons is a good advertising. Think about it." The guy said to us. Cloud was not the mood to talk but he just a 'fine' to the man. I looked at the man before telling him, "Yeah, sure." I said to the man. The man also asked us if we want to check out any other weapons, so me and Cloud check some weapons out before we left the weapon shop.

Tifa was looking at us before she told us about a person named Wymer that he tracks all the requests that comes to the watch. Me and Cloud asked Tifa of where Wymer was at, Tifa told us that he might be in his office, so the three of us started walking to get to Wymer. The walk wasn't far it was just next door to the weapon and we see a guy wearing a hat on, "Hey there, Tifa! You need a helping hand?" Wymer asked Tifa. Tifa looked at the man before telling him, "Actually, I wanted to introduce you to two of my old friends of mine. This is Cloud and (Y/n). They're a merc." Tifa said to Wymer. Wymer looks at us before he started talking to us, "Hah, you don't say! Well, we're always on the lookout for experienced fighters to help us deal with the bigger critters." Wymer said to us.

I looked at Wymer before telling him, "We'll take it, but what is the price for it?" I asked Wymer. Wymer looks at me before telling me, "Well, you are kinda serious, but if it's a challenge you two want, I might have a few good ones." Wymer said to me and Cloud. Wymer kept talking to us, "Your clients can fill you two in on the details. Prove yourselves with these jobs, and I'll see if I can't find you two some more." Wymer said to us. Me and Cloud just told Wymer a 'thanks' before we started walking around the sector if there was anything to do, but we see a little girl that her hair is in a bun with a pink hair tie on her hair. The little girl was talking to me and Cloud before asking us, "Oh, hey there! Uhh, is Marlene with you?" The little girl asked us. Tifa looked at the little girl before telling her a 'no' to her.

The little girl was look sad before she told us, "Oh, okay. I was kinda hoping she could help me find my friends." The little girl said to us. Tifa looked at the little girl before telling her, "I know two people who can help you. This guy and woman right here." Tifa said to the little girl.  The little girl was happy and she looked at me and Cloud before asking us, "Really!?" The little girl asked us, but before I could answer the little girl.  The little girl was talking to us, "Okay! Lemme tell you two all about them. They have long arms and legs. And they're a little skinny. They like places where there's food. And nice people who give them treats when they ask! And small spaces! Oh yeah, and they're all cats!" The little girl said to us.

I know Cloud would not like this, and I was right because I heard Cloud was asking the little girl, "We're looking for cats?" Cloud asked the little girl.  I just elbow Cloud before the little girl started talking to us, "They're friendly, so if you two can call them, they'll come running. All three of them! Find my friends. Please!" The little girl said to us.  So the three of us started walking around the area to find a cat, we heard a noise because Tifa was asking us if we heard a noise.  Tifa noticed a skinny white cat, "Ah! That was definitely a cat! I wonder if it's one of Betty's." Tifa said to herself.  Me and Cloud got down a bit to probably get the cat but of course it meow at us before it takes off running away from us.  I heard Cloud sigh at this before we got up and started jogging to find the cat.