Chapter 37 - Kihyun's Big Plan

Start from the beginning

I was trying to focus on the time we had together. They were going to have an anniversary concert in less than 2 weeks and then the comeback and tour were coming up right after. I was not looking forward to the tour. It meant he would be gone for 3 months, so I was even more thankful for this morning that we had together. I was just beginning to adjust to the idea of sharing him with millions of other women, and now they were going to have him again.

I would have work to keep me occupied and I would be able to hang out with Halmeoni while he was gone. I had not spent the night alone since I came to Korea, I was always at someone's home. Being the self-sufficient adult woman that I am, I was confident I would be fine... or so I told myself. I knew that in reality, I would be curled up on the couch, watching Monsta X videos and variety shows, eating too much ice cream, and missing him like crazy. Yeah, I wasn't looking forward to this at all.

My thoughts must have shown on my face because Minhyuk stopped walking and stood in front of me. He tilted his head down to look into my eyes and held my face with his hands.

"I won't be gone that long, jagi. Three months will pass before you know it. We will Face Time every day, I promise." I smiled weakly and nodded.

"This part sucks. I knew this was part of being with you, but that doesn't make it any easier."

"I know. I am struggling too. I have never had to leave anyone behind like this." I hadn't thought of it from his side, only mine. Now I felt selfish for only thinking of myself.

"Minhyukkah, I would never ask or expect you to stop doing what you do for me. I hope you know that. I just feel like we have missed so much time together and I hate being apart from you. I will cherish every moment that I am able to be with you." I slipped my arms around his waist and laid my head on his chest. "But maybe you could pack me up in one of your suitcases and take me along," He pulled me closer and stroked my hair, kissing the top of my head. "And then, I have to go back to Atlanta soon after you get back. I don't want to be away from you. Now that I have you, I am greedy for you." I looked up at him and he kissed me gently.

"I don't like it either. I waited so long to find you... to hold you. Now I will never let you go. We may have to be apart from time to time, but I will always come home to you. I will always be thinking of you while I am away. I will always be by your side." He winked and made me giggle, breaking the sadness I was feeling.

"You always know how to make me smile. I love you so much, Minmin. You promise you will be thinking only of me when all those horny Monbebes are screaming your name?" I raised an eyebrow at him, and he laughed.

"I promise. They have nothing on you. You are Minbebe #1, remember?" I was surprised that he remembered my t-shirt. I don't know why I was surprised, but I was.

"You know it. I am Minbebe #1."

His phone rang just as we got back within sight of the building. He had put it on silent, but when we headed back he had turned it back on. He couldn't be out of pocket too long without causing problems, especially when it was unplanned. This was another thing I was becoming used to. He glanced at it and looked at me apologetically. I told him to go ahead, without him having to say anything.

It was a short conversation, mostly one-sided with him acknowledging whatever they were saying. He asked "when?" near the end. After he ended the call, he looked at me and smiled. "Melody Reign is coming to Korea to film part of her movie and she wants to meet me. Apparently, she really liked my part of the song."

"Wow! That is great! She is huge everywhere, according to the internet. Her voice is incredible. I never realized until you were asked to do the OST with her." I had lived in a Monsta X bubble for the past few years that I hadn't gotten into Western music much. I had to look her up to find out who she was.