9

Lavender's POV

Sitting down in the living room on couches while facing each other , I dressed and got myself a glass of wine. It was silent too , even though the Queen suggested this talk. She cleared her throat , "firstly. I'll like to thank for curing my brother's eye disease. Although we witches are powerful healers , this was something we could do nothing about. However the real reason why I came here is because of the war." Interesting. "My nephew boasted about you in his letters. Your talents and good looks. Honestly I thought he was joking , but then his letters started getting more and more serious unlike my silly nephew from before. Although I did come here to celebrate his birthday , I've also come to see how accurate his letters were of you."

Placing my cup down , "and so?" The Queen nods. "Very accurate. Hence what I'm about to tell you is very confidential. Fifty years ago , the wolf King desired a girl who lives in his Kingdom. The rumor was that , that girl was said to be human and have powers no one else possessed. No one knew her age or where she came from. All they knew was that she was always accompanied by a demon and was kept by an ancient vampire called Ezekiel. Ezekiel wasn't a small fry in the Vampire Kingdom anyway. Ezekiel is the Vampire King's brother. The King , unknown to Ezekiel , set up an elaborate plan to get the girl and kill Ezekiel in the process but the plan didn't work. Instead the girl disappeared with the demon for quite some time." This story feels so familiar...

The Queen continued. "The girl happened to be passing through demon territory when the Wolf King found her. He dragged her back to Wolf territory and put her on trial. Instead of just the girl dying , Ezekiel , his brother and his brother's mate died first. The girl's demon got his head chopped off in the process. Heartbroken , the girl burned herself and the demon's body using hellfire. No screams escaped her lips but tears flowed down her face. Soon the news that the demon that accompanied the girl was just like a son to her since she found him as a baby , spread. This drove the Wolf King mad , he became obsessed. He said that she would revive somehow." What's with this Wolf King? He seems strange just by the story itself.

The Queen chuckles , "from your expression. You must think something's wrong with the Wolf King. Right?" Giving her a slight nod , it was indeed weird and I can't shake the feeling that I know this story already. "The Wolf King dabbles in forbidden arts. He has witches on his side that gave him the book of forbidden arts. The spells are completely unstable , those with wicked minds and hearts won't last when the magic backfires. That's probably why he's losing his mind now." Ahh , this right here makes everything add up and fit together like a puzzle. "As I was saying. The Wolf King wasn't the only person who thought that either. Our elder who is also a seer had a dream about the return of the girl. She said , 'Fifty years later , the lightening strikes. The war begins. Join or perish alone' "

Lightening strikes huh. "Eight months ago , the lightening struck one place five times I think." Pretending to have heard about it rather than reacting different is the best way. "Exactly. Which means that war is upon us. All five kingdoms sent a group to see what laid at the site but nothing was there. The wolves and vampires have started to attack the other two kingdoms. Soon they will attempt to attack my Kingdom." Emptying the cup , "why attack the witches. Aren't you guys mutual?" She nods. "That's exactly the reason why. You may not know but the wolves and dragons have never seen eye to eye under the pretext of peace. Vampires and werewolves always help each other under the pretext of being enemies. Demons and witches have always stayed out of their business as well."

Now I get it , "the fact that they attacked the demons say it all. 'The witches are next so join us before we kill you.' Would go with dragons and demons on this one if I were you princess." She sighs. "I've come to ask for your help. Being the only one I can trust right now with this. We are three days away from dragon territory and five away from Wolf territory." Raising my hand in the air , I stop her from finishing. "In other words you want someone who is not a witch to send this message to the Dragon King and in case something happens , it wot affect Witch Kingdom because of the obvious." She chuckles softly. "Well.. When you put it like that then it seems like I'm pushing you in the ring of fire."

Closing my eyes , I sigh. "Look Lavender. I'm not going to lie to you. The Dragon King is very temperamental , he only ever talks to the demons and that's about it. I've sent multiple people to his Kingdom since the lightening strikes. The last person I sent had purple eyes just like yours but she was killed the next day." He killed her because she had purple eyes or because of something else? Sighing , "fine. But I'm taking Mina and Giln with me." The Queen agrees with no hesitation. "I wasn't forcing you to do go." I scoff , "really? Then why is my house surrounded by your men outside right now? Do you think you'll die before the first person makes their way inside?"

Lapping my foot over the other , I smile while looking at the Queen's shocked face. She slowly stood up , "here's a piece of advice. Send a letter with your seal. It's better than sending someone to talk unnecessarily." The Queen walls out the housing , closing the front door behind her softly. Going up to my room , I lay in my bed and close my eyes.