8

Lavender's POV

It's been a couple months since that time in the woods. I stumbled across a house in the middle of the woods , it was run down and abandoned. Although following that girl could give me more answers , it was far too dangerous. Not to mention that they all seemed to be looking for me , if I appear now without knowing anything about the world. My neck could be off my body within a blink of an eye. While out in the wild , I got fragments of my memory. Knowing how to hunt and medicine , that's was all that came to me. For some reason , that seemed like enough for me.

Being by myself came naturally , the Witch Kingdom was closest to the cottage so I would occasionally carry my hunt into the town and exchange it for money which helped me to buy clothes. Everyone in the town was really nice to me , eventually they convinced me to come into town instead of the cottage. Although they were witches , the whole town was filled with hybrids. And hybrids are said to be less powerful. Which made no sense to me. Being the kind of person I am , I taught them how to hunt and a medicine. Word to mouth , more and more hybrids started to enter the town. The town expanded without permission from their Queen , who just went along with it. She just seems so carefree about it.

Today marks eight months since I've settled in the Witch Kingdom which happens to be the Village head's birthday and as such , a celebration is in order. It started since this morning actually however I've been avoiding the noise. The village head is also the Queen's nephew and the Queen never misses his birthday. So right now , I'm up in a tree outside the village watching things from far. It's also very relaxing. "Lavender?" My name is called from below , one of the girls that I teach medicine to. Her name is Mina , very nice girl and also very ruthless. Jumping down , I walk towards her. "Something wrong?"

She shakes her head , "just done with the.. Someone is behind you." She points out casually in the middle of the conversation. "He's been there for the past three hours." She snorts. "Aren't you afraid that he's a scout?" The boy behind me stepped out the shadows , "he's hungry and blind. If he had the intention , his blood would flow like a river. Not to mention , he's alone." Mina looked at me as if I lost my head. "He's not blind." Taking up a fallen leaf , I flatten it out. "What there something that you needed?" Mina shakes her head. "Village head wanted to know if you were hungry." Shaking my head while throwing the leaf , it cut the boy's eyes and cried out. Grabbing him by the neck , "go back." Mina walked  away quickly.

Jumping up in the tree , "Do you have something to say?" The boy straightened his back , "the Queen will kill you for this." I smirk , "well let's hang you up to let her see." Kicking him off the branch , he falls and a vine wraps around his waist before he hit the ground. It hoisted him up halfway making him swing in the air. Of course since they are witches , I've taken precautions and made a discovery. Blood magic. One time in the cottage , I cut my finger accidentally. It dripped on the table , the knife I had was dull. So when the word cut came out of my mouth , the table got cut into pieces. Was a little freaked out but what's a discovery or a new power? Protection , that's what that is.

After trying and trying , my blood manages to float into the air and I don't have to say the words out loud. The boy screamed out while I closed my eyes and waited until who was supposed to come , came. "Sammy!" A young woman ran up to the tree but a man held her back. "Be careful my Queen. It could be a trap." Oh so she's the Queen. Stunning , she's absolutely stunning. Blue hair , grey eyes , curvy body and soft pink lips. "Save my brother or its your head!" The guard walked in slowly but Mina pops up out of nowhere and pushes his back. "Lavender? You up there?" Rolling my eyes , I groan. Waving my hand the tree leaves and branches blocking me move away. "Yo."

My feet swing back and forth as I stare down. Winking at the Queen she blushes and looks away before clearing her throat. "You are Lavender? The doctor?" Grinning , "you heard of me princess?" She pauses , "why do you have my brother tied up." I hum. "I don't like being threatened princess." The guard next to her glares at me , "you are also a woman. Stop flirting with the Queen." Is he trying to be domineering because its just not working. At all. "Miss Lavender , how about we have an conversation about this?" The Queen brings the attention back on her and I huff , "you aren't any fun." Jumping down from the tree , the guard draws his sword. "You're under-." Pushing his face from in my face , he falls back. "Keep the dogs in check princes. Or you'll regret it later." Holding her waist I draw her close to me.

"Be careful of those closest princess." Winking I release her and leave the area. Snapping my fingers , the boy's body dropped and he was caught. Stretching my body , I prepare a bath. Festivities or not , my body needs some sleep right now. After soaking in the tub until the water went cold , a knock came to the door. Wrapping the a robe around my body , I walk down the stairs and answer the door. The princess stood there , leaning against the door. "You need something? Princess?" She looks at me up and down before answering. "We need to have a discussion." Opening the door a little wider. "Be my guest." Smiling internally. She has no idea what she just did.