Chapter 3: Coming out

''Wow I cannot believe my eyes'' I said to mum after watching season 2 episode 8. My mum responded with... 

''What Kierney WHAT AND EARTH HAVE YOU BEEN ACCESSING''

''Mum I'm only 14 I'm not accessing anything, i'm  talking about Ackley Bridge its a programme Amelia showed to me'' I said.

I knew as soon as I saw Nazreen and Sam kissed that.... I knew i was a lesbian it just seemed right to me, I knew I was having some troubles with my sexuality but I never knew I just liked girls. After hours and hours of being overwhelmed and anxious I decided to tell my mum that I liked girls, after hours of thinking about it I crept downstairs quietly as my sister was asleep in her bedroom.

I walked as quietly as possible and as I got closer to my mums bedroom I was getting even more nervous, I was so nervous my teeth were chattering. As I entered my mums bedroom I sat down on her bed and said 

''mum?''  

she responded with 

''yes Kierney what are you even doing up at this time its 1:56am'' 

''i have something to tell you, promise you would get annoyed'' i said

my mum responded with

''what is it darling you can always speak to me no matter what''

''ok'' i said... ''i'm a lesbian''  i replied with 

''darling thank you for telling me you know you could have told me at any point you should have just come to me, no need to work yourself up because of it'' my mum said to me.

''omg thank you so much for understanding what i meant earlier is that i think this girl in Ackley Bridge is really attractive and pretty''

''well you can't help who you fall for'' my  mum responded 

After i had said goodnight and thank you, i went up to my bedroom with a big grin on my face. i thought to myself ''i'm going to message dad in the morning and tell him the big news.