cuddles .d

"I miss him." I sniffed quietly.

Mom sighed. "I know honey, he said he'll be back. Just wait a few more hours." She smiled lightly and patted my back.

Don't get me wrong, I love my mom and love hanging out with her. But sometimes I get sad when Adonis isn't around. When he's not around I feel like I have a huge hole in my chest! It's a yucky feeling and I never want it there, so it's better if he's always around.

He left a couple hours ago and told me he'd be back as soon as possible. I don't really remember what he told me, but I don't think it was very important. I feel bad that I don't remember what he said though. I can't help but think everyone's disappointed in me when I don't pay attention. It makes me sad.

"Honey?" Mom shook me slightly. "You spaced out there."

"Oh I'm- I'm sorry." I wiped my nose and looked around. What should I do till he gets back?

"How about you go to bed, hun." Mom smiled. "It's getting pretty late, and I'm sure he'll still be a while."

I nodded. "You-You'll let him in when he comes back right?"

She nodded. "Of course. I'll send him right up to you."

"Thank you." I sighed and made my way up to my room.

"Love you, goodnight!" She shouted up the stairs. I said it back and jumped onto my soft bed.  I closed my eyes and breathed lightly.

I felt around and felt a softish-scratchy material. I opened my eyes slightly to see Adonis's sweatshirt I wore a few days ago. I remember being cold and he didn't even need to hear me say it before he slipped it over my head.

I grabbed it tightly and kissed it, thinking deeply.

I must've been there for so long, because the next thing I knew I was being lifted up softly.

"Hi baby." Adonis said as he held me out in front of him.

I smiled big at him and tried to move over and squeeze him, but his arms were pretty far out. I'm pretty sure he got the memo as he quickly squeezed me against his chest. I snuggled into his warm arms happily, until I felt a strange feeling.

I whined softly as I felt the tears slide down my cheeks. I was way too overwhelmed.

Adonis pulled back slightly and kissed me on the cheek, lifting me up more.

"I know baby, just breathe." He said softly into my ear as he bounced me and walked around the room.

How did he know I do this? It wasn't until now that I got like this again. Did Mom tell him?

I eventually calmed down after a few minutes and hummed softly against Adonis's shoulder.

"Why were you up when I came up here?" He smiled lightly as he laid us down on his bed. I was beyond tired at this point, but I didn't want to ignore him talking so I would answer the best I could.

"Umm, I don't- know." I struggled silently with sleep. No, not right now. I want to listen to him.

"You don't know?" He asked amused.

"I- don't remember?" I closed my eyes. Was he messing with me?

He laughed softly. "You can go to sleep, sweetheart. I can tell how much you're trying to stay awake."

"But I wanted more time with you." I whined softly, not even having enough energy to open my eyes.

"Baby, I'll be here when you wake up. And probably with you for a long more time since today's Friday." He shifted me slightly when he checked his phone.

"Hmkay." I said softly and kissed his jaw to the best of my ability. I heard him let out a content sigh and I finally drifted off to a dreamless reality.