kiss .d

"No, ew. Why would anyone wanna sit with you?" Rebecca said after I'd asked her if she wanted to sit with me.

"oh, o-ok." I sniffed and brought my tray to the table at the far end of the cafeteria.

This was just a usual for me. After the girls figured out I got out of the freezer, they've either been avoiding me or making me feel worse. Megan told everyone at my school that I had rabies and everyone believed her! I didn't even know people could get rabies! Do they even? I haven't been bit by a dog, and everyone knows that. But they don't get I don't have rabies??

Now nobody will sit with me. Not even the boy, Ryker, that liked me last week. I'm glad about him though, he made me uncomfortable.

As I sat through my last classes with a gloomy mood, I somehow made it to leaving last class. That's usually when the mean girls hurt me.

I ran outside before breaking down, sitting under the shady tree near the road, my usual spot, and bringing my knees up to my chest.

I breathed in and out slowly to try and calm myself, but it didn't work. I was getting lots of stares from people just leaving the school, since I was basically right in front of the entrance, just far away in the field.

I squeaked as I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and pulled it out. It was Adonis.

I needed to calm myself before answering or he'd be worried. I'd already caused him enough stress over these few weeks, I need to give him a break.

I took a deep breath before clicking the green button.

"Hello?"

"Hi, baby." He answered. "You want me to pick you up?"

"U-Um, I don't know-"

"Are you okay?" He sounded worried. I've done it again! Why can't I ever hide my sniffs??

"W- Yes, w-why.."

"Baby, don't lie to me." He said lowly. I sniffed and nodded, though he couldn't see me.

"I- um," My voice wavered. "I d-don't know-"

"I'm pulling up." He said, before ending the call. I looked up just as he said that to see his signature SUV. He was driving it again this time, as he stepped out of the driver's side.

Once he saw me sitting at the usual tree, pants dirty from the wet ground outside and a pale face, he frowned and crouched down in front of me.

"What's wrong?"

"N- I- No one here l-likes me." I answered quietly. I sounded petty, but that's what it felt like. Hatred from everyone. Maybe even Adonis. Maybe he just takes care of me like he'd do with an annoying little sister.

"Now why would they do that?"

"They think I have r-rabies." I sniffed.

"But you don't. Who told them that?"

"Megan." I said.

"Lead bitch?"

I looked up at him in surprise, only to find him staring ahead at the school entrance instead.

"That's her right?" He asked.

I turned my head to the entrance on the right, Megan standing and staring at us.

I nodded and bunched up the hem of his shirt and started tearing up again. He probably thought she was pretty and would go talk to her. I didn't want him to. I know he isn't mine but I can't let him be Megan's.

"Why are you crying?" He asked, once he looked down at me.

I shrugged and wiped my eyes with the back of my right hand. He looked back at Megan.