Chapter 9

"Let's get her another CT. Now." Amelia said. When Amelia heard the news, she ran in as soon as she can. Derek told her a day after it happened, so she wasn't sick anymore. "Derek. You need to eat something." Amelia said before she wheeled Meredith for a CT. Derek nodded. "Now." Amelia said. Derek sighed sadly and walked off to the cafeteria while Meredith was rolled to CT.

Derek grabbed a slice of pizza. Normally he'd grab a salad, but the pizza reminded him of Meredith. He needed that comfort.

As he was eating, someone plopped their tray down next to him. "Derek." Addison said. "Hey." Derek mumbled. "Derek, look at me." Addison said sternly. Derek looked up and the expression he had on made addisons heart break. "Meredith is strong. She will be okay. She needs time." Addison said. "I know. But I can't help her and it's killing me. The kids cry for their mom. Bailey is such a mama's boy, and I can't hold him like Meredith does. I need her." Derek said with tears in his eyes. "Derek, you know none of this is your fault." Addison said. "I was in DC. If I was home with the kids and Mer she wouldn't have gone to work alone that day. She would've been okay." He argued. "Derek christopher Shepherd! Do not blame yourself for this. This is on Nelson, not you." Addison said, almost angrily.

"Okay." Derek whispered. "Now go take a shower, take a nap, and clean yourself up. I'll sit with Meredith." Addison insisted. Derek nodded and dragged his tired body to the showers.

Addison entered Merediths room and found that it was empty. She grabbed her chart and sighed in relief that the CT that she was just taken for came back negative. She walked over and put her hand on Merediths. "Meredith. It's Addison. If you can hear me, you're probably very surprised I'm here, but we're all friends. I think. Anyways. Derek needs you. Your brain works. I know it does. And I also know that you wouldn't leave those beautiful kids of yours if you can help it. You also wouldn't leave Derek." Addison said matter of factly. "You need to wake up, Grey. Derek is losing his mind. Wake up, get better, and have a million more Derek clones because god knows the world needs more of those." Addison joked. "Seriously though, wake up. I'll probably be here when you wake up, which hopefully will be very soon." Addison finished. She sat down on the couch next and decided to call Jake, her husband.

After Derek changed his clothes, showered, and took a quick nap, he was on a mission. He barged in to the chiefs office and saw him sitting at his desk. "Shepherd, what is it?" Richard asked. "I want Nelson fired." Derek said firmly. "I'm working on it derek. Did you want to file a formal report to HR and sue him?" Richard asked. "I do." Derek replied. "Okay. I actually already sent in the report. I assumed you would want to. And as for the lawsuit, I suggest getting a good lawyer and then sending him the papers." Richard replied. "Thanks. So is he fired?" Derek aske. "Not yet. HR has to approve it. Hopefully they will make a decision by tonight." Richard replied. Derek rolled his eyes. "I own part of this hospital." Derek argued. "I know Derek. You know Meredith is like a daughter to me. I want Nelson gone just as much as you do." Richard said softly. Derek nodded. "Thank you." He said before leaving the room and walking back to Merediths room.

"Hey. How is she?" Derek asked as he came over to her and pressed a kiss to her forehead. "No change, but her CT came back negative." Amelia replied. "Okay." Derek said. "Listen Derek, I'm so sorry. If I had known-." Amelia started. "Don't Amelia. It's not your fault." Derek cut in. "Derek, I should've-." Amelia started again. "Amy. It's not your fault. It's Nelson. You were sick." Derek insisted. Ameli nodded, tears in her eyes, looking at her broken sister. "She's been more of a sister to me than our other sisters." Amelia whispered. "I know." Derek said as he brought his sister in for a hug.

"So her CT was clear?" Derek asked. "It was. No signs of rebleeds, no contusions, nothing. Everything is okay so far. She just needs to wake up and see if she has an deficits." Amelia replied. "What kind of deficits?" Derek asked. He knew the answer, but hearing it from someone else may make it more real for him, even if he didn't want that. "You know that. Trouble with speech, memory, motor system functional. But none of that is for sure, Derek. She may be totally fine." Amelia replied. Derek nodded and sat down on the couch. "I miss her." Derek admitted. "I know. I do too." Amelia replied as he sat down next to him.

Bailey, who normally held herself together, was losing it. She was scared for her intern. Former intern.

When she saw Nelson walking through the halls, she pounced. "You asshole!" She yelled as she slapped him in the face. "Hey!" Nelson exclaimed. "You deserve it. You ignored a CT order for one of our best surgeons in the hospital! Grey has a family! Now she's in danger of losing it because of you!" Bailey yelled, not even caring about the everyone watching them. "Derek Shepherd is losing it! Watching his battered wife sit there, lifeless. You are an arrogant asshole, and I can't wait for you to get fired and get your ass sued!" Bailey scoffed.

She walked angrily away and slid into an exam room. She paced around the floor, not noticing the tears steaming down her face. She quickly composed herself and exited the room. Bailey doesnt often break down, but when one of good friends and coworker is practically dead in the PACU, she does.

Definitely didn't write this during math class...anyways hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and hope you guys are all doing well!