Treading

"I have it." Eiji pouts as she feels a heavy weight behind her, rough hands clasping around her own as she grates a block of cheddar.

"Yeah right. You almost lost a fucking finger to a carrot two seconds ago. Just let me help you while the pasta boils." He huffs in her ear, causing a shiver to run down her spine. A huge blush rushes across her cheeks as she slowly strikes down on the shredder.

"Is this better, Kat?" She questions as he hums, pressing a kiss to her neck; causing her body to heat up. "Kat! No, not now!"

"Shh... Let me see something." He whispers calmly into her ear, continuing to trail his breath down her neck; inhaling her scent as she whimpers slowly. "You have a bruise..."

"You gave it to me, remember? Don't leave any more, they saw." She admits reluctantly as he hums in amusement before backing away from her, leaving her body flushed red.

"Yeah sure, okay."

~

After plating the food, everyone sits snugly at the table, including the extra students. "So, Auntie Mitsuki. Where are you guys heading next? Last year, we went to Okinawa, Italy, Paris and Milan."

"Ah, you all are invited to join us this year since you guy drove all this way. We're going to New York, Toronto, Florida and Tokyo this year. I said we should go to Germany or Switzerland, but Katsuki was against it since there isn't many date spots."

"Aw, you were looking for places to take me on a date? You big softy." Eiji coos playfully as the blonde pinches her nose in retaliation. "Ow!"

"Shut up, you looked depressed as fuck. Did you even tell your parents about this trip?" Katsuki glares at her as her face flushes red, standing up from the table.

"I knew I was forgetting something. Um, excuse me." She smiles weakly, moving into the hallways as she clicks on her mother's contact information.

Waiting for the call to go through, she bites her lip as noise fills the background. "It's about time you called us, young lady. You have some nerve not telling us about spring break. Where are you? We're worried sick that you're not here still! We haven't seen or heard from you since you've entered that school. Should we take you out?"

"N-no Ma. Um, I'm actually spending the break with my b-boyfriend's family..." She stutters, taken aback from all the questioning before the line goes silent. "Ma?"

"Eiji, can you please give us the address? We'd like to meet them." Another voice calmly speaks as she inwardly groans. "Don't groan at me. How come you didn't tell us about this so-called boyfriend? He has to be some kind of abuser if you didn't want to tell your mothers about him."

"Hi Mio, can you give the phone back to Ma?" Eiji grumbles as she taps her foot against the floor. "I don't have to answer you, you know."

"I'm your mother and you will answer me. Tell us the address now or so help me, I'll call the school." She threatens, hissing in anger as you hear something drop in the background. "Ichiro! Grab Enkai and Faia before they break something else! And Eiji, tell us."

"Give the phone to my mother. You're not my mom." She stubbornly waits, not wanting to speak to the woman any longer. "You are my stepmother, not the same thing. I need to speak to my birth mother who I love unconditionally."

"Funny, coming from someone who doesn't call."

"I don't call because of bitches like you. So let me talk to my mom. I'll only ask once before I hang up. And you can try calling the school, they won't listen to you. I'm an adult." Eiji chuckles, hearing the phone being passed back as she perks up. "Ma?"

"Sweetheart, please give us the address? We just want to see you again..." She whimpers as Eiji sighs.

"Fine."

Giving the address, she hangs up before Mio takes the phone back; walking back into the dining room and resuming her seat.

"What did they say?" Mitsuki questions, trying to break the tense atmosphere.

"Oh um, they're coming down... said something about wanting to meet you all." She whispers in annoyance, poking at her food before her fork gets taken. "Hey-!"

"None of that depressed shit. What exactly did you say?" Katsuki glares at her as she looks at him in shock.

"I told them that I was spending break with my b-boyfriend's family and they made a big deal about it. They wanted to take me out of U.A because I haven't called them since I've entered. I never called because they're overprotective."

"How overprotective can they be?" Denki tilts his head in confusion as Kyouka wipes the corner of his mouth with a napkin. "Thanks babe."

"They homeschooled me for primary school because they thought that I'd pick up bad habits from socializing. They made me take birth control when I was 11 because I was going to middle school. They didn't tell me about-!" She takes a deep breath, calming herself down from freaking out. "They did a lot of paranoid things that trapped me. This is the first time in ever that I'm making my own decisions without someone breathing down my neck." Eiji takes a deep breath before ending her rant.

"Damn, and when did they say they were coming?" Mitsuki asks as Eiji shrugs.

"They don't live too far from here. Should be here in less than 15 minutes." The red head sighs, waiting for Katsuki to return her spoon; almost jumping as he plunges it into her meal, lifting it up to her lips with a straight face. "What are you doing?"

"Eat this."

"You sound almost as bad as my stepdad when he took me out for lunch for the first time." Izuku jokes, causing for half the room to laugh. "Oh for those who don't understand, Yagi took me to this weird place by the beach to workout and we decided to eat lunch. Long story short, there was a hair in my food and he plucked it out, holding it to my mouth as he told me to eat it before calling over a waitress who was just terrified of the way he looked."

"I... Wow, please don't make me eat hair." Eiji begs lightly as Katsuki rolls his eyes, pushing the fork into her mouth.

"I won't if you don't get on my nerves. Now take the spoon and eat. We don't have much time."

~•~•~•~•

Le first problem is coming!

Sorry for the delay. It's exam season for the next 2 months and I've been studying, crying and preparing myself to fail gently.

~Shadow Out!🌑