Chapter 42

Thank you @nujhanujhi for all the votes! Early upload!! I really wanted to show Zander's perspective.

- xoxo

~ * ~

(Zander's POV)

I took off from the hospital. I was about to cross into my territory when my father mind-linked me to meet in the woods by the school, where the attack took place. I turned off the main road and headed towards the school.

A few minutes later I pulled in, making my way towards the scent of my father. Luckily the multitude of other scents was starting to dissipate and grow faint, making my father's scent stand strong, along with the scents of a few other wolves who much be with him.

My feet crunched on the leaves as I strolled through the trees, bloodied leaves trailing the way. The bodies were still scattered about with pack warriors making note and taking count of all of them. My father's head tilted up, ushering me toward where him and Alpha Braxton were standing and talking.

Dawning concerned and confused faces, they both awaited my presence. I stopped in front of them, glancing around.

"What is going on?" I asked.

"You said a rouge was trying to mark Kaileigh, correct?" My father questioned.

"Yes, he was stopped when we made it from the school. I think I heard Kaileigh call him Damian when she was trying to stop him," I uttered, confused since I had already told a warrior to account for his body.

"Would you recognize him? His wolf or person?" Alpha Braxton asked quickly.

"Yes, I would. I saw both forms, but why? I thought he had already been identified."

"The warriors from packs are unsure," Alpha Braxton replied.

"Son, just please look and let us know," my father finished off.

I nodded and walked around. I followed the faint scent of Kaileigh to where she had passed out. I then tried to retrace my steps to where I remembered fighting with Damian when I saw Kaileigh drop. I kept looking and searching.

He dropped.

I snapped his neck.

Where is he?

I checked every body. I searched the surrounding area. Nothing.

I called the warriors to expand their search around the woods and search for any scent close by. Nothing.

He was gone.

I rushed back to the Alphas, shaking my head, "He's not here. I don't understand. I bit his neck; I heard it snap; I watched him drop."

"I am not sure, son. I don't think he was just some normal rouge lackey anymore. You said yourself that he led the attack, not their so-called Alpha. He was also going to be allowed to mark her, to claim her. There's more to this than we know," my father turned to Alpha Braxton, "We need to speak to Kaileigh when she's released. She knew his name, so there's some history there."

Alpha Braxton just nodded as he began to walk away, "This is far from over. That wolf has made it clear. We need to prepare in case they attack again. We don't know when or if they'll attack a second time."

I turned towards his retreating figure, "It would be within the next week, that we know. I'm sure they want her before she can find her mate. That's the only reason that explains this small of an attempt."

"We will discuss this later. Go get some rest, son. You and I will talk tomorrow," my father stated as he made his exit.

I walked back, taking one last glance around. I will kill that d*mn rouge this time. I will make sure of it. I growled as I headed towards home.

* * *

Greyson, come to my office.

As I entered my father's office, I felt the air tense. I expected Alpha Braxton and Dylan to be here as well, but the room was empty except for us two. I sat down in the leather chair across from him, watching him sip whiskey from a crystal glass.

"You called, father," I broke the silence.

"I'm tired of playing nice," he groaned, "You know I am not one to wait for an attack to occur. Braxton is being too much of a g**d*mn p*ssy! To just wait and put up defenses?! We already have defenses, yet the rouges got passed all of those easily. I will not stand for it. Sitting here like ducks is not what I do. This alliance is testing me. All because your dear mother was originally from there. I'm not waiting. We are going after them."

"What about Alpha Braxton?"

"He can join us or wait and be attacked," he said grimly.

"I've sent our own scouts to scour and watch the White Crest territory and pack house. They have been there since we met at the school grounds yesterday. So far, there's no notable information. Our scouts have noticed movement, so the rouges are still there, but, since they do not know what this Damian figure looks like, they have not reported about him. I doubt he'd be out and about currently, anyways," my father continued.

"We need to know how Kaileigh escaped. Braxton mentioned a passageway, but we need to scout it; see if the rouges have found it. If they haven't, that could be our way in or at least a way to get better intel. I'm not attacking until we know for sure that that Damian character is there. Once Kaileigh is home, I need to speak with her. Let her know. She will know what it is about. You're dismissed," he finished, ushering me to leave.

I spent the rest of the day training, occasionally texting my little wolf now that she was awake. It was almost 11pm now, so I decided to inform her that my father wanted to meet with her once she's out of the clinic. I didn't expect a reply since Kaileigh hadn't replied all day, so I turned off my lights and crashed onto my bed. I was about to knock out when my phone dinged.

Kaileigh: Your dad wants to talk to me? What happened after I was out?

Me: Well, hey there, little wolf.

Me: Yes, but I also think both Alphas want to have a meeting to discuss everything. A lot went down yesterday. Don't worry about it right now, Kails.

Kaileigh: Okay, I guess. Sorry I didn't message you earlier. Sam was the only one allowed to come and see me. We got distracted with food and movies.

Me: It's alright, little wolf. As long as you see me tomorrow.

Kaileigh: You're a dork, Greyyysonnn.

Me: Don't call me that, Kaileigh. I like it when you say my name. Anyways, you should probably get some rest, love.

Kaileigh: Okay, yeah you're probably right. Goodnight, Zander. Sweet dreams.

Me: Goodnight, little lamb.

* * *

I walked in through Redwood's pack house with my father. He instantly started walking towards Alpha Braxton's office, but I caught Kaileigh's scent coming from up the stairs. I followed it to Kaileigh's room. I'm used to entering through the window, not the door.

I walked into her room, her back turned to me as she focused on her tv playing while eating some cookies. Chocolate chip by the smell of them.

Walking quietly, I was behind her, "Hey, little wolf."

She jumped, spilling her cookies, causing me to laugh. She stumbled over herself, falling to the floor. She looked up at me with wide eyes, her cheeks turning a crimson color. An embarrassed smile graced her stunning face.

I reached down over her, swiping my thumb over her lips, licking off the chocolate before grabbing her hand with mine.

"Are you okay, little lamb?"

Please vote and comment!
Thank you!
Follow me for more!