Chapter Thirty Three

Declan~

Later that night Declan looked on at his woman and his best friends having the time of their lives in his backyard.

His eyes naturally tracked Lexi as she moved from the kitchen to the patio and out onto the deck. Even the way she walked did something to Declan. The subtle, sexy sway of her hips held his gaze, causing his head to pivot and swivel like a charmed snake as she passed by him.

Simply being in her presence seemed to awaken his inner barbarian and keeping that primitive side of himself in check was no easy task.

Her petite frame bent at the waist, opening a cooler, leaving her perfect heart shaped ass in perfect view. Taking his knuckle between his teeth, he bit down on it in a pathetic attempt to tame his savage urges, hoping to conceal the complete and utter lust he felt for Lexi, but it was no use. His addiction to her was full blown and overpowered him in every way.

I never knew I could feel this deeply in so many different ways for someone. I'm so damn lucky.

His entire team plus three members of Delta team, Kincaid, Logan, and Gunner, were there drinking and carrying on without a care in the world. Pierce, Caleb, and Gunner had challenged the girls to some ridiculous drinking game that involved taking shots out on the deck while Declan and the others sat around a table playing cards.

Life was good. Lexi fit in with his teammates like she was family and she was perfectly safe surrounded by some of the most fearsome and deadly warriors Declan had ever known.

If ever there was a time where Declan could truly relax, it should have been there in that moment, but he couldn't let his mind fully unwind. Even then, a part of him was on high alert just waiting for Asher to resurface, though he knew it was unlikely. It had been three weeks and the only movement Nate could detect was some credit card charges in a couple of Texas border towns. Estrada and his men were laying low for the time being, trying to fade the heat from the DEA no doubt. Luckily, the team was set to meet with Wyatt next week to plan their next moves and Declan was chomping at the bit to get some real plans in place to take down Asher and Estrada.

A loud eruption of cheering pulled Declan from his thoughts and the table turned their attention toward Pierce, Caleb, and Gunner who had clearly just won whatever drinking game they had been playing.

"We warned you. You mess with the bull, you get the horns," Gunnar bragged to Claire and Lexi who looked less than amused.

Pierce swaggered over to the counter where the liquor was sitting and rubbed his hands together in preparation to grab one.

"What'll it be ladies? Vodka, whiskey, or tequila?"

"Tequila!" Claire said happily.

"Oh good lord," He heard Nate grumble beside him at her selection.

Lexi hopped up from her seat to survey the liquor. Turning up her nose at the tequila she placed a finger on the whiskey bottle.

"Whisky for me."

Atta girl.

"My pleasure."

Pierce poured a hearty shot of their choosing for each of the girls and placed them in front of them.

"Jesus Pierce," Caleb said as he eyed the gigantic shots.

"What? A bets a bet."

Turning his head over his shoulder Pierce yelled for Nate and Declan.

"Want to watch your women pay up? Should be pretty entertaining."

"I think we're being summoned," Declan said to Nate as he made his way over to the table.