Chapter Four

Declan~

As soon as he closed Lexi's door Declan realized he'd left his own phone in the other room to charge and turned on his heel to go back for it.

"Left my phone on the charger."

Caleb was standing at the door and yelled over his shoulder "Hey Pierce, Romeo here forgot his phone on the charger."

Pierce unlatched the phone from the cord and tossed it across the room. Without any effort Declan caught the phone one handed and pocketed it.

"I've got some condoms too if you need one, brother." Pierce's mouth lifted into a sly smile.

"Fuck you and Fuck you too" Declan joked as he pointed at each of them and turned to head back to his room. Nate brushed past the two clowns at the door and headed toward Declan.

"I trust you're going to sleep in your own bed, alone tonight."

"Well, I mean sometimes Caleb tries to snuggle me, but I'll make sure he knows to keep his distance."

"You know what I mean Dec." Nate's tone was a little too harsh for Declan's liking.

"No, Nate I don't think I do. Care to explain?"

"Seriously? We all saw the way you and Lexi were looking at each other tonight"

"The way we were looking at each other?" Declan scoffed as he raised an eyebrow "Lighten up man."

"You guys were practically eye fucking from across the room the whole night."

"So because I made eye contact with her, that means I'm trying to fuck her? Are you hearing yourself?"

"Don't give me that shit. You know you gave her extra attention, carrying her bag everywhere and practically drooled every time you looked at her."

"I carried her bag because I'm not an asshole."

"Cut the shit, Declan," Nate bit out.

Declan let out a frustrated laugh and ran his hand through his hair as he tried to maintain his composure and control.

"I'm sorry for being nice to your friend, Nate. Is that what you want to hear?" Declan sassed.

"Whatever Dec, be that way if you want to. Just don't fuck with her okay?"

Declan's nostrils flared and he clenched his back teeth to control himself.

"And what makes you think I'd fuck with her?"

Nate recoiled his head in confusion. "Oh I don't know, how about your entire track record with women over the past six years we've known each other?"

Damn it. He couldn't really argue with that. Declan's apartment was a revolving door of women that had a pretty quick turn around.

"Hell, you and Pierce were cruising for easy lays just five hours ago! So what, you've changed your outlook on relationships in five fucking hours?"

Maybe.

"She's not a one and done type of girl Dec!"

"I know exactly what type of girl Lexi is!" Declan roared unable to keep his anger in check any longer. His sudden intensity caused Nate to take a step back.

Declan pinched the bridge of his nose and blew out a breath while he locked himself down again.

"But I hear you loud and clear, Brother. Hands off," he said flatly as he turned to leave with his hands in the air.