Chapter Twelve

Lexi ~

Having Declan's full attention and undiluted affection was everything Lexi had wanted it to be and more.

Now that he didn't have to fly under Nate's radar he was able to give Lexi every ounce of his attention and she was eating it up.

It was such a night and day difference from the previous evening. Where before he made her feel insecure and confused, tonight he made her feel so sure of his attraction to her, like she was the only woman in existence.

He maintained physical contact with her in some way the entire night, even if it was simply his chest against her back as they group stood and talked. Constant physical reminders that he was there and that Lexi had his full, undivided attention.

His deep need for control became increasingly evident the more time they spent together. He would move her where he wanted as they made their way through a crowd or would guide her to a seat that was tucked away where he could easily block any misplaced shoulders or elbows as she sipped her drink.

His dominance clearly came from a place within him that sought to protect and care for her, never to cause harm or force her against her will. In fact Lexi knew there was very little that Declan could ask of her that she wouldn't do willingly.

Lexi and Claire danced the night away but remained constantly visible to the watchful eyes at the table.

A slower paced sensual R&B song started to pulse through the speakers and Claire motioned with her finger for Nate to join her on the dance floor. He quickly obliged and instantly ran his hands all over Claire the second he reached her.

Feeling the need to excuse herself from being the third wheel to their public display of affection, Lexi made her way out of the crowd onto the outskirts of the dance floor near some tables that lined the wall.

A large body blocked her path and she smiled as Declan's clean scent permeated her senses. His eyes were fixated on hers and a flirtatious smile flashed across his face as he slowly started backing her toward the wall.

Pinning her between his hard body and the upholstered wall Declan towered over her. He leaned onto the wall with his forearm and slid the other arm around Lexi's waist.

"You looked like you were having fun out there," he said as he gazed down at her.

"Not nearly as much fun as I'm having now."

"Tell me more about these black panties I chose for you," he said in a low sultry voice as he ran the back of his knuckles down her arm toward her wrist, leaving behind a trail of goosebumps.

"You want me to describe them?" She purred.

Declan took both of Lexi's wrists in one of his strong hands and gently pulled, holding them in place at the small of her back.

The light restraint caused Lexi's back to arch and her chest to press into his.

"That's exactly what I want," Declan said.

He lowered his head and gave Lexi one well placed kiss on the neck right below her ear. Desperately wanting more she tilted her head giving him room to explore.

Letting out a low groan at her invitation he continued to pepper her neck with kisses until he reached her collar bone.

"Words Lex," he reminded her between kisses.

Snapping out of her lusty fog, she tried to focus on the details of the lingerie she was currently wearing.

"They're black l..lace." She stuttered and stammered trying to maintain her ability speak which was nearly impossible with Declan's lips on her skin.