Chapter 12: MEMORIES(4) -THE BROTHEL

Start from the beginning

"Seera," Nicholas acknowledged, feeling extremely uncomfortable. The curvy woman threw her hands over him, wrapping them around his neck, bringing his face close to hers.

"I missed you," she whined, pouting, but Nicholas removed her hands from him, giving her a tight smile and walking to the bar, taking a seat beside James.

The woman looked at him with dismay...did he not want her anymore? Her tan skin, full breasts, and curvy figure was definitely a turn on for any man, even the prince! She wore a red dress that barely covered her breasts, the outfit stopping right after her behind. It wasn't a dress...it was a cloth.

She walked up, taking a seat right next to him, watching him carefully. He didn't even turn to her...something was definitely on his mind.

"Did you want to marry the woman that was brought for you?" she asked, envy lacing her tone.

James turned to them, a woman sitting on him, his head resting on her breasts as he held her waist, keeping her in place.

"What's on your mind Nicholas?" he asked the man taking a sip of his drink. The prince's mind was definitely not there, he had been thinking about Adelaide nonstop...she was perfect, even in his head. Was she going to see him again tomorrow? Now that she found out he was a prince, that will definitely scare her off...he didn't want to scare her off. Their conversation was full of life, her reactions to his every word, enticing. How could God create such a human and leave her as a slave?

"Nicholas!" The prince snapped his head to James immediately.

"You're leaving your girl hanging," he nodded to Seera. Nicholas turned to see her pouting, sitting there by him.

"Seera, what do you know about slaves?"

"Slaves?" she arched her eyebrow looking at him like he'd lost his mind. He nodded, holding his head with his hand as he rested his elbow on the table.

"What the hell Nicholas," James groaned, but the prince ignored him.

"I don't know your highness, I've never been one before."

"Forget it." Nicholas stood up, heading out of the brothel. "Nicholas!" James called but he ignored him yet again.

Seera ran after him, grabbing his arm, turning him to face her. "What's wrong with you?" she asked, her face filled with worry.

"I have to go," he shook his hand off her, walking to the door.

"Have you found another?!" she yelled out, making people stop what they're doing and stare. Nicholas stopped in his tracks, turning back to see her face, filled with anger and sadness, "Did you expect something out of us messing around?"

Seera didn't reply, her breathing hard and uneven. "Don't expect me to welcome you when you come running back to me," she turned around, walking inside a room, banging the door, Nicholas going his own way too.

"Nicholas, what in the world is wrong with you?" James asked as he walked after him.

"Nicholas!"

"You know maybe I don't want this," the prince finally said, turning around to face James.

"Want what?"
"I don't want to live like this, going to brothels, bringing women to the palace for a night of fun-"

"Whoa whoa whoa your highness. Where is this coming from?"

From the frustration that he might not see Adelaide again, because she knows who he truly is.

"Nowhere, I just did a lot of thinking and decided, maybe I want to be committed to one person."

James stared at Nicholas in surprise, he thought he would be the first person to want commitment between both of them.

"What did you do and who did you meet on your outing today?" The prince sighed shaking his head. "Enjoy your evening James, and have a safe departure for your kingdom tomorrow."

"Nicholas!"

The prince waved off his best friend, heading back to the castle. Going to the brothel was definitely a bad idea.

"He might have my head tomorrow," Adelaide whispered to herself, trying to get some sleep after a long day. How stupid could she be to not notice his whole demeanor, the way he carried himself, and his tone was that of someone of royal status?! She was probably just excited to have a conversation with someone for once. The ones she had in her head or to the animals in the barn were getting too old. Having someone who didn't talk over you and let you say your mind was very refreshing...but in her case, scary and confusing.

He probably wanted to know who in the kingdom was plotting to stab him at the back if anything ever happened. She was used! But then again, that's been her whole life...being used and abused. Why would he want to see her again, to kill her?

No one would stop him if he wanted to...should she not go? Turning down an order from the prince meant death as well. Why was life so difficult?

"What do you think?"

"Moo"

"Are you sure?"

"Oink oink oink"

"I think I agree with the piggy"

"Moo!"

"But your suggestion actually makes sense. Both will result in death so I better choose the one that is less shameless." Adelaide sighed, adjusting herself in the hay. She always knew she was going to die someday, but she didn't envision her death so soon.

"At least I'm escaping Grayson." The young lady closed her eyes, allowing the breeze to cool her head, as she drifted off to sleep...to what she believed was her last night alive.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE DOUBLE UPDATE! YES...OUR ADDY TALKS TO ANIMALS :(