Chapter 9 : Morning Breath & Condoms!

(Mature Language 18 +)

His heart broke hearing her story and how everything was manipulated. He knew she wasn't lying. He wasn't a fool and could read the pain in her eyes, words and agony. Losing a loved one, especially a parent and so tragically is so painful and brought tears in his eyes.

A mere thought of that unwanted 'what if' struck his mind. What if he was in her position or what if he was given even 1 % of her pain? What would he have done then? Just the mere thought of it brought bad chills.

He couldn't stop thinking how brave and strong she was to live like a free-spirit hiding such a huge rock of pain in her heart all these years.

Kissing the top of her head, he looked at her face. She looked much relaxed now and he was more than happy to see her sleep like a baby.

True! They were in each other's arms!

An hour back, she was so mentally and emotionally drained out after crying and venting it all out. She didn't think twice before asking if she could hug him 'again'. Smiling softly he ran his rough fingers over her soft tear stained cheek and of course, they both ended up cuddling in that tiny sofa cum bed.

As he pulled her into his arms, she didn't hesitate for even a second to rest her head on his chest. While he curled his arm around her shoulder and rubbed her arm gently, she closed her eyes and slipped into deep slumber hearing his heart sing a lullaby for her.

She was never able to sleep this peacefully. True! Every night she had nightmares of the sad and the cruel past.

But tonight? Tonight, it was different. She felt like home; like there was nothing to worry about. And why not?

He is her home! He is the anchor of her wobbling boat. He is the one for her. He is the one who is going to turn things around and give her a reason to smile again; a genuine smile!

He was extremely glad that she shared about her pain with him. And now, he was adamant in solving this mystery at any cost! There was something missing and he knew he had to discuss with the elders and get to the bottom of this.

Kissing the top of her as if promising her about it, he closed his eyes and fell asleep!

* * *

As the sun rose from the east and birds chirped in the window, he scrunched his eyebrows and a hoarse grunt left his mouth. A soft smile broke on his handsome face when he saw her pretty face just a few inches away from him.

He was in no hurry! He had all the time of his life to observe the intricate details of this mesmerizing beauty in front of him

He was in no hurry! He had all the time of his life to observe the intricate details of this mesmerizing beauty in front of him. Brushing away a few strands of hair from her cheek and tucking them ever so delicately behind her ear, he observed the contours of her pretty face.

As those sparkling blue dolphin 'ear rings' caught his attention, a wide smile broke on his well crafted face followed by a husky whisper, "Sono così geloso di questi fottuti delfini!" (I am so jealous of these f****** dolphins!)