Chapter 54, Final Decision

Start from the beginning

I go on missions like the rest, but only Tobi and I are allowed in the headquarters, which is in the Hidden Rain Village. Where it always rains and reeks of earth.

For four years now, the butterflies have acted as my eyes as I relied on my other senses to get by. I'll never forgive nor forget. I trace my fingertips along the four lines on my wrist and I am reminded of what happened at the Final Valley.

Flashback

"Listen, Hanabi", the loud voice of Madara Uchiha echoed in my ears.

I've kept my head lowered as I hugged my knees tightly. The memories of everything was still fresh and intact in my brain. How I'd woke up in one of Danzo's hideouts with empty eye sockets. How I'd screamed at the top of my lungs.

Later on they'd told me about their elaborate plan, which Danzo and Orochimaru collaborated together. Their plan was dedicated to making me awake the Mangekyō Sharingan so Danzo can later take my eyes.

After the whole ordeal at the Valley of The End, Madara Uchiha had took me under his wing. Where he filled my head with hatred towards Danzo and the Hidden Leaf Village.

I began crying, it was so frustrating. Everything was frustrating and terrific. I didn't dare to touch the bandage on my face. Madara sat through, listening to all of my screams and cries before my throat became sore.

I'd flinched when he placed a hand on my shoulder and said, "I know this is quite traumatic, but bear with it. And once you've coped with your current predicament then I can let you in on my plan. We'll avenge you, don't worry".

"Y-you unleashed the Nine-Tails that killed Minato and Kushina!", I sobbed harder despite my sore throat, not knowing how to feel about this man. He saved my life, but at the same time he helped ruined it as well. My mind was a mess right now.

I can't even make out my surroundings.

"Yes, I did that", he monotonously replied, rendering me trembling.

"Why?!", I gasped, choking on my own voice.

"As I said", he began, his voice loud and clear, "you need to calm down and cope first before I further explain anything else. But for the time being, you are going to join the Akatsuki organization".

"T-the Akatsuki o-organization?", I whimpered, my senses suddenly calming down as I listen to him. I have nowhere to go anymore. Even if by chance I get to the Hidden Leaf then trouble will arise in the village again.

"I've made you two prosthetic eyes, I'll insert two conformers in your sockets to serve as a placeholder so your sockets don't lose shape. The conformers will help you insert the prosthetic eye so your sockets don't catch any infection".

I took a moment to register what he said then asked, "Why do all this for me?".

He didn't answer for a moment, but eventually he replied by saying, "As I said, you need to cope before I let you in on anything further".

I was confused, scared and terrified, but most of all, I was empty. My fingers brushed over the scars on my wrists and I began sobbing again out of frustration.

In a split second I stopped sobbing and whipped my head in the direction where his voice had emanated when he said, "We'll get your eyes back from Danzo Shimura I promise".

                           End of Flashback

There's more than one reason as to why I'd joined the Akatsuki. For now, I can say that I joined because of the injustice that was done to me, and because Madara asked me to.