40- Snowing on the Sun

Start from the beginning

It almost sounds like he is about to cry. Alana thought worried over Ivo.

"Alana..." Kazumi caught her attention, and she saw he stood from the table as well.

Ivo released her and the captain pulled her into a hug as well, holding the back of her head with his hand.

"You were brave but let us be brave for you, it not wise to strike a person in power like that, who knows what would have followed. Old friends or not." He said softly.

So says the man planning on killing the most powerful people this side of the world. Alana thought sarcastically to herself.

She shook her head slightly.
"I think I am going to have to disobey you, Kazumi, someone needs to be brave for you as well." She replied gently.

Kazumi slowly released from the embrace and she was immediately swept into another one from behind, with a possessive hold on her.

"My dear Alana." Leopoldo rested his chin on the top of her head. "so sweet..."

It was as if Leopoldo was inhaling as much of as he could, raptured by her entire being, her entire existence. Everything she did was awe-worthy him, from the way she walked to the way she dared to slap a king.

The only one of the four that did not give her a warm hug was Leven, who remained seated and abashed by his behavior earlier, as well as her words towards him.

The dining room door slid open, alarming the pirates who were ready to kill anything about now.

Standing in the doorway, however, was a young boy. He wore a kimono and a distant expression, Alana felt he had sad eyes.

"My sister sent me, I am here to show you to your rooms," The boy softly said bowing his head, his short black hair covering his eyes as he did. "This way." He quietly added, leaving out of sight.

The five quickly collected their bags to keep up with the boy who did not seem to wait around for them.

The group followed after the young boy, the pirates unnerved by the atmosphere around him and his unsettling silence compared to his loud siblings.

"This room can sleep two." The boy stopped suddenly and gestured to the room on the right of him.

The pirates looked between each other with disdain, except for Leopoldo who excitingly looked to Leven.

"I suppose I can share with Mr. Scary again," Ivo dramatically pouted leaning against the wall next to the door. Kazumi said nothing but cut his eyes to Ivo.

"Very well," The monotone boy nodded. "This room can sleep one." He gestured toward the room on the opposite side.

"He will take it," Leven instantly pointed behind him to Leopoldo with his thumb, who feigned hurt.

"You do not want to sleep with your dear older brother?" Leopoldo gasped.

"Very well, you will be in this room." The boy assigned Leopoldo the single bedroom and walked a few steps down the hall.

"You two may sleep in here," The boy looked up to Leven and Alana, both their jaws gaping open.

"What?!" Leven asked, astonished.

"I second that," Ivo added in the background with a smile.

"I third," Leopoldo agreed.

Kazumi just stood watching the scene unfold.

"This room is the last room, it sleeps two, so you both will be sleeping in here." Yukine calmly explained.

"Then I will sleep in there with Leven, and Alana may have the single bedroom." Leopoldo offered but Leven took a step behind Alana as if she would protect him.