𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

Start from the beginning

" You're not real! " Phoenix yelled, hot tears beginning to stream down her face, which had turned a bit pale the moment she saw Finnick. In a desperate and final attempt to prove to Phoenix that all of this was real, Finnick tried one last time to step closer to her bed. " Nixie, " He began, hoping the nickname would help her in some way. " I'm real. " Finnick pointed to his chest but was also cut off by a screaming Phoenix. " Don't touch me! " Phoenix screamed, not knowing that with each word Finnick's heart was breaking more and more.

The screaming attracted the attention of some of the people that had been outside the room. The screams and yells from Phoenix sounding eerily familiar to how Peeta Mellark had sounded when he was reunited with Katniss. " Finnick you need to get out of here now! " Maeve screamed over the yells of Phoenix while standing in front of the girl. But Finnick stood his ground, tears running down his eyes as he tried to get through to Phoenix in any way he could. Desperately needing her to know that all of this was real, that this was really him in front of her.

Suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around Finnick, trying to pull him away from Phoenix. Turning his head, he was met with Gale, who was doing his best to defuse the situation. Yet Finnick believed he could help Phoenix during a moment like this, thinking she just needed to realize it was actually him. This caused him to immediately try and pry Gale's arms off of him. " Phoenix, please! " Finnick yelled over the commotion of the room, calling her by her real name. " Let go! " He screamed with his voice cracking, as he once again tried to pry Gale's arms off him.

At this moment Finnick just felt so weak.

" You can't be real! " Phoenix screamed out again, but this time she sat up from her bed. False memories began flashing in her head, particularly the one of Finnick running towards her with the sole intent of killing her. Having not been told directly Finnick was alive, combined with the pure commotion around her and the confusion Phoenix felt, she had no idea what to believe. Meaning it was almost no surprise to others in the room to see her react like this. What could you expect after being fed lies for so long?

And within a split second Phoenix suddenly lunged towards Finnick. With her arms out in front of her, trying to land them anywhere on the man. But her movement was just barely halted by Maeve. The woman quickly wrapping her arms around Phoenix before she got the chance to actually hurt Finnick. She thanked herself inside her mind for being in front of Phoenix, having had a bad feeling that Phoenix would try to lash out.

Maeve held Phoenix back, being a bit surprised at the strength of the malnourished woman. Having expected to use almost no strength against her, but here she was, actually needing to use some of her strength to hold the girl back. " Stop it! " Canary exclaimed through clenched teeth while grabbing onto Phoenix's wrist, stopping her from doing any damage with her hands or slightly overgrown nails. Yet Phoenix ignored Canary's plead as she continued to scream the same three words in Maeve's arms.

" You're not real! "

Maeve turned her head, looking past everyone to see Finnick. Watching him still try and set himself free from the arms of not only Gale but the two other District 13 nurses who had come to help. " Gale, get him out of here! " Maeve yelled at Gale, watching as Finnick finally began being dragged out of the room. Both Maeve and Canary knew he needed to be out of the room if anyone wanted to try and get Phoenix calm.

" Why are you doing this to me? " Phoenix screamed, with her sobs continuing long after Finnick had been dragged out the room. Once Finnick was nowhere in sight, Canary dropped her grip on Phoenix's wrist, letting them fall to her side. Yet Maeve's arms were still wrapped around Phoenix, now holding her close to her chest. She was now holding the sobbing woman for comfort, hoping the pressure she had on her would calm her down. " Maeve, do we need to sedate her? " One of the District 13 nurses asked, having the syringe ready.