𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲 || To Meet Emery Fowl

Emery Fowl.

The name was terrifying enough to whisper, let alone speak. 

Emery Fowl was a sixteen year old witch, a pureblood.

She had long blonde hair, pale cheeks and an upturned nose, dotted with a few freckles. Her eyes were of the clearest blue, and sparkled every time she smiled, showing off her lovely, pearly white teeth. She was extremely tall for her age, with a slim willowy figure, possessing slight curves and a strong frame.

Her father was an unspeakable at the Ministry of Magic, while her mother worked as a Healer. Her father had left her when she was eleven, and she never saw him ever again.

No, he wasn't dead, but he had gone on an important mission abroad, and was due to return in two weeks time. Sadly, a month later, the Ministry had sent the Fowls a message saying that Mr. Fowl, was as of then, was classified as Missing In Action.

Emery was left all alone.

It didn't make sense for just Emery and her mother to live in a large manor all by themselves, so they moved in with Mrs. Fowl's sister, who was divorced but had a child of her own, about the same age as Emery. They lived in Cecilia's Great Aunt's Manor, which was passed down to Cecilia's mother, Mrs. Wood. 

From then on, Emery Fowl and her cousin Cecilia Wood had grown up like sisters, and did everything together. They attended all the fancy parties together, and were never seen without the other.

They were alike in some ways, but in the other sense, total opposites. 

While Cecilia was often found reading, or crocheting, or doing some other boring task, Emery was most likely collecting earwigs by the pond to frighten the maids, or climbing trees and ruining all the expensive dresses her mother bought for her.

It was already bad enough that her mother scolded her all the time, only for her advice to fall upon deaf ears, for not once did Emery listen. When she was told to sit quietly and read a book, she would cross out all the letters leaving very rude messages on the pages instead. 

She wasn't a fan of doing 'boring things' as she put it. She preferred playing in the mud or playing Quidditch, or playing tricks on everyone she saw. Laughing was her favorite thing to do.

The only time Emery would ever sit still was when playing word games, or solving riddles and puzzles. It was for this reason that the sorting hat put her in Ravenclaw at the age of eleven, when she first started attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. 

It was her father who had taught her everything she knew, and she missed him terribly. Although she and her mother had looked for him for a whole year after his departure, never once did he appear. 

Thus, he was believed to be dead twelve months after his disappearance. 

However, although all the signs pointed that Mr. Fowl was dead, there was some part of Emery that just felt he was alive, and with each passing day, she hoped he would appear to see how his little 'Fox' had grown up to be a young woman. 

Emery had also inherited her skills of mischief from her father, and it always made her mother smile whenever she did something naughty, although she would always scold Emery. 

The maids at Wood Manor were tired of Emery. They loved her, but she was a headache, in all honesty. She would tie up all the stockings together, dye the washing in different colors, and ruin all the desserts in the larder. No matter how hard they tried to stop Emery, she always found new ways of causing mayhem. 

All in all, it was pointless to stop her, and they all gave up eventually.

If she was this bad at home, then how was she in Hogwarts?

Much, much worse.

She would transfigure books into ducks, quills into strings, and constantly explode cauldrons all for the sake of a laugh. When given detention, she would cause a bigger mess instead of cleaning, and write extremely rude messages instead of doing her lines.

She would throw food in the hall, play in the mud, and enjoyed playing with the Giant Squid, who was the victim of her pranks quite a number of times, when she couldn't find anyone to prank. 

It was for this reason, that all the teachers and students alike were frightened by her. She was like a whirlwind, whizzing from one end to the other at top speed, leaving ruins in her wake, and nobody knew how or what had happened. 

Everyone knew her name, and she often liked to remind people of her presence, so she never stayed quiet for too long. She never missed an opportunity to cause mischief, and she enjoyed all the attention she received immensely. 

Nobody could tolerate her presence even for a minute. They were frightened of her mischief, and they all knew she enjoyed doing the disastrous.

She was known as the tornado.

Emery Fowl.