21 <3

Y/n's POV

"Get your fucking hands off of me!" I yelled as the (vv fine) burnt man held my hands behind my back. His grip on my wrists tightened every time I'd struggle.

We were now in some bar...? They really chose a fucking bar as their hideout? Man, Katsuki has really given me a potty mouth. I wonder if he's okay....

A teenage girl with with blonde buns in her hair and a wide smile skipped over to where I was being held. "She's so cute! Can we keep her? Pretty pleassseee?" She was like a little puppy. A little puppy waving a knife in front of my face.

"We'll keep her until the heroes," he spat out the word 'heroes' with vengeance. "decide they want their little pet back. Then, we'll make a trade...her for her boyfriend." The heroes would never let that happen. They're heroes for crying out loud.

But, these people are also villains. There could be so much damage done...I don't want anyone to get hurt. I guess this is just what happens when quirks get involved. Why did I have to come to U.A. ? Why did it have to be my birthday? All of this is because of me...

None of this wouldn't have happened if I wasn't born...

But I was, so I'll have to suck it up and continue. I'm not gonna get out of here by wallowing in self hatred.

I was brought out of my thoughts by the bubbly girl with the knife touching my ears, petting me I guess. "What? You've never seen someone with hamster ears?" I laughed. She smiled and shook her head no. She wasn't too intimidating, besides the knife that she kept inching towards me. She just kept staring at me while the knife got closer. "Hey...can you stop bringing that thing close to me? It's freaking me out."

She jumped back, kinda like I'd just woken her from a daydream. "Oops, sorry! Your little ears are just so cute, they're practically begging for me to cut them out!" Her smile only got wider. My eyes widened, and I blinked very slowly, trying to process what she just said.

"Okay then...um...what's your name?" I asked the blonde.

"I'm Himiko Toga! Dabi already told us your name! I like the name Y/n, it's pretty. Do you like my name? It's okay if you don't...I just wanna know!" She rambled and rambled, kinda reminded me of Mina when she had tea to spill. I miss Mina...

Guess I'll play nice, she hasn't tried to hurt me yet or anything. Yeah, she has a knife, but she hasn't actually done anything with it. "You have a very pretty name, Toga. It sounds familiar though..." Realization suddenly hit me. Holy fuck, I went to school with her when I was little. We were best friends, how could I forget her?

[Flashback, Y/n's First Day of Kindergarten]

Narrator POV

It was the first day of school, kindergarten to be exact. And little Y/n was shaking in her plastic chair, waiting for the bell to ring. It was still going to take a few minutes, and Y/n couldn't wait for the teacher to get in the room so the day could progress. There were so many loud sounds, and Y/n couldn't adapt to her ears just yet, seeing as they only started growing a few months after her 4th birthday. Loud sounds were still hard for her to handle.

A particular blonde saw this little girl sitting alone, and wondered if she might need a friend. Nobody was bothering to talk to her either, so she needed a friend too. It's never fun being lonely.

"Hi, I'm Toga! What's your name?" Y/n winced as the skipping girl got closer. "Oh no! Are you okay?!" Y/n nodded, too shy to say anything. "Can you speak? It's okay if you can't! I heard about that before..." Toga trailed off, getting lost in her thoughts.