What is Wicca(n)?

You might be wondering what a Wicca or also known as a Wiccan is. Well for short, a Wicca/Wiccan is someone who believes that spirit abides in all things and words and names have power. They believe all lives are sacred, all acts are pleasure and love is sacred.

Wiccans honor the ancestors, teachers, leaders and elders. They believe in psychic powers, the power of the mind, spirit, and body. They believe in creating your own path.

Wicca is a nature based, peace-loving group. They follow the cycle of the moon, celebrates the changing of the seasons, and feel a oneness with everything around them.

Wicca's sometimes have alters. They believe in reincarnation and karma. Both good and bad.

Wicca is a religion of empowerment, it is about taking control of your life and your future. It's about living in tune with nature and about creating a balance between all things, light and dark, black and white, masculine and feminine.

Wiccans believe in gods and goddesses. The goddesses have birth to the universe including the god who is her consort, so the goddess is in all things. They believe that everything is connected through the goddess, we are the universe and the universe is inside us, everything is connected.

They believe that we are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically, this is a scientific fact, we are made of the same stuff the stars are made of. All of nature is connected by a universal force.

Wiccans call it magick*. When they do spells, chants, incantations they connect this force. Wicca is a peaceful religion, there is no Satan or devil in Wicca. The devil is a Christian concept and has nothing to do with Wicca, they do not have any demons or devils in Wicca. Wiccans believe in a law that decrees 'harm none', they believe in karma and that any bad we give out will come back to us.

Wicca has 10 commandments:

1. Don't judge others lifestyle or their spiritual path
2. Cause harm to none (only in cases of protection)
3. Don't manipulate a persons free will through magick
4. Don't be greedy and tip the balance of nature
5. Don't magically go against nature (black magic)
6. Don't mess with the spirit world without proper knowledge
7. Don't self h*rm or have self d*ubt
8. Don't use a curse or hex on someone under serving
9. Protect the earth and those weaker than you
10. What you give out comes back to you, good or bad

* Magick is what witches use to call their work. Magic is what a magician would use in movies. Many witches should know the difference.