lust & greed.

The sound of the lift doors opening causes my stomach to somersault. Nervousness courses through my body in waves, threatening to knock me off my sky-scraper heels as I teeter into the lift, hands shaking as I press the button for the top floor. Clutching onto the key card in my pocket, I take a long deep breath, desperate to compose myself for the challenge ahead. In the mirrored back wall of the lift, I appear cool and collected, but when I step closer to the mirror, the fear in my eyes is clear.

Savannah had done a great job with my hair and makeup - loose chocolate brown curls delicately frame my face before cascading over my shoulders. Initially, I'd thought the smoky eyeshadow and pink lipstick was too bold, but it complimented my features well. I made a mental note to thank her again later.

I turn the key card over and over in my hand as the lift climbs to the top floor. The garnet ring that I'd switched onto my ring finger catches the light and a small smile plays out on my lips - it was a gift from my Father, which he'd given to me just before he emigrated to Australia the year before. He'd also gifted me some choice words about Matt, making it clear he wasn't at all fond of him. The fact I'd somehow managed to convince the receptionist I was Matt's wife using this very ring, made me feel a little guilty.

The lift doors open and an older gentleman steps in, briefcase and phone in hand, bringing me out of my trance. I give him a brief smile, which he awkwardly returns before going back to his phone call. If only he knew. Heat creeps up my neck and onto my cheeks as I think about the lace hidden beneath my long coat, that Savannah had helped me to carefully select. Staring down at my nude heels, I try my best to avoid any further eye contact with him.

Thankfully the lift doors open moments later and the gentleman strides in front of me, without giving me a second glance. Normally I'd be annoyed at his rudeness, but my nerves make it almost impossible. Tentatively I exit the lift and make my way towards suite 706 at the end of the long and dark corridor. Carefully undoing the buttons on my coat, I stride to door with faux confidence. I take a moment to make sure nobody else is around before readjusting my 'assets' and running my hands through my hair to give it more volume. Jesus Christ this feels like the start of a low budget porno. I wouldn't be surprised if a half-dressed plumber turned up next.

It's now or never.

Knocking on the ornate door, I take a deep breath and dip my hip to give my body some shape. The door swings open, revealing a half-dressed Matt. His hair is damp and wild - dark blonde strands hang down in front of his eyes, which grow wide in surprise. Hungrily I follow the stray droplets which have made their way down to his exposed chest, surrounded by the crisp white dinner shirt that clings to his shoulders and biceps.

"Alice?!" My eyes dart to his mouth before slowly meeting his gaze when I realise that he's said my name more than once.

"Alice? Erm ..." His eyes are wild with confusion. "What are you doing here?" I put on my most seductive smile, embracing my role as temptress.

"I came to talk to you ...and to apologise." I purr, trying hard not to cringe at the sound of my own voice.

"Wow. Erm, okay well you'd better come in." He eyes the corridor before steering me through the doorway and into the living area of the hotel suite. The heavy door shuts loudly behind us and a blanket of silence falls across the suite.

"I'm sorry." He runs a hand through his damp hair, glancing at the large clock on the wall before turning to face me, square on. "I'm didn't expect to see you tonight." He stares at me, the green flecks in his eyes almost glowing in the artificial light. His face is set hard, devoid of emotion. This is going to be harder than I thought. I might as well go all in.

"You've been ignoring my calls and texts." I stare at him, letting the coat fall open to reveal the white lace lingerie underneath. Matt sucks a sharp breath in, his eyes soften and travel down my body. Gotcha.