Chapter 51, S-rank Mission!

Start from the beginning

His fangirls are somewhat lethal and protective. I just wonder who this mysterious girl is.

I stare up at the murk sky and recall Izumi. She was somewhat always by my side through this train-wreck. No matter how many times I'd push her away she keeps coming back. I, of course push her away not because my heart was claimed by someone who is long gone, but because I don't wanna end up hurting her.

Deep down, I am and always will be thankful for Izumi. It's just that I feel guilty for not being able to give her what she'd always wanted, since we were kids. I know of her feelings, but I just don't see her in that way.

Far ahead, I notice that my feet have carried me near the building, which has the Uchiha crest on display.

The Uchiha Police Force.

It was still raining pouringly, when I spotted the now adult Shisui giving out orders to the cops at the entrance of the building.

I couldn't quite make out what he was saying. Shisui was even more built than before, his physique would render the girls drooling.

Dark hair and eyes, a charismatic smile, and two eye-catching dimples. His looks are only the scratched surface, if anyone got to know Shisui personally like I have. They'd admire him so much more.

Shisui sure is one to break a lot of hearts.

At the moment, he seemed to be busy with giving out orders to his comrades. He'd been appointed as father's second in command as well as nicknamed the pride of the Uchiha.

I was going to walk up to him and catch up with our last conversation when from the corner of my eyes, I caught sight of non other than Izumi Uchiha who was lurking around. Observing Shisui...

Could she be...the girl?

It seemed like she was waiting for him, but she was hiding from him by the nearby building. I had other people in mind, who I thought might be Shisui's secret lover, but Izumi...that's a blow to my life. For some reason my feet carried me straight up to her. Where I'd appeared from behind her, causing her to jump-scare.

"Itachi?", she gasped, a hand on her chest, "you scared me", she complained as she glanced back at Shisui who was still giving orders.

I crease my brows and inquire, "Are you waiting for him?", I arch a brow, awaiting her reply.

"Yes and no", she said, fixating her eyes back on Shisui. Her long brown hair cascading down her back, drenched completely.

"Izumi what are you doing ?", I pout, feeling tedious from the lack of action.

She darts her eyes back at me and questions, "are you bored Itachi?", there was a mischievous smile playing on her mouth as the rain ran down her face.

"Uh-ha, you got a cure for that?", I inquire, sighing back.

Her smile only widened as I stared back in her big brown eyes, then she leaned in and whispered, "I'm on a mission".

Confused, I arch a brow suggestively and ask, "how come? What rank is it?".

"S-rank", she smirks, earning my attention completely.