settantaquattro

Depuis le début

my phone began to vibrate and i looked over and saw an incoming call from kairi, "hey," i said as i answered the phone.

"hey, how are you feeling?" he asked me.

i sighed, "not so good, what about you?" i asked him and he sighed.

"still can't get the picture of mattia laying on the floor out of my head," he said. "speaking of which, his surgery is later today and i thought you might want to come," he tells me and i immediately get up.

"yeah, definitely," i responded. "has he woken up?"

kairi sighed, "no, he hasn't but that doesn't mean he won't," he said.

"how are his parents?" i asked.

"they haven't left the hospital," he said. "i can tell they're tired, but his mom doesn't want to leave mattia alone. his little brother is here with me because he almost had a panic attack after he saw mattia,"

i covered my mouth as i began to imagine what it must've been like for gianluca to see his brother like that. "i'm going to go there in a while to see if i can help in any way," i said.

"thank you, madison. i don't want to leave until you come," he said.

"no, thank you for telling me," i said.

"i'll see you here then," he said and he hung up the phone.

lauren groaned as she woke up and looked at me, "why are you up so early?" she asked.

"i'm going to the hospital," i told her. "you wanna come with?"

she yawned and nodded in agreement as she stood up from bed.

i went over to my room and started to get ready. i'm nervous to see mattia and i'm especially nervous for his surgery. after brushing my teeth, i walked over to my drawer and grabbed a hoodie, then walking over to my closet to find some jeans to put on.

i take off my current clothing and put on the ones i picked out before slipping on my vans and brushing my hair. once i finished, i walked downstairs and saw my dad cooking breakfast.

"good morning," he smiled as he saw me.

"good morning," i replied with a small smile. "i'm going to the hospital."

"you should have some breakfast first," he tells me and i shake my head. lauren walks down the stairs and sniffs the air.

"it smells so good," she says.

"you guys should have breakfast first and then go to the hospital," my dad repeats himself.

"i'm not really hungry," i tell him as i grabbed my car keys.

"madison, you can't stop taking care of yourself in order to take care of someone else," he tells me and i sigh.

"if i get hungry, i'll just buy myself something to eat," i told him and he gave me a defeated sigh before nodding. "i love you i'll be home later."

"okay, i love you too," he says and lauren and i walked out the door and towards my car.

when i turned on the car, the radio started playing and i lowered the volume to zero. normally, i would listen to music and feel ten times better, but not even music can fix how i'm currently feeling.